title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album, Artist and track details disappear.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruin Browne
    • Sep 2012

Album, Artist and track details disappear.

I have recently had a Windows 10 system crash and have had to re-install all my software including dbPoweramp CD Ripper.
    When I install a CD in my CD Drive all the tagged information appears including Album Title,Artist, Track Title etc but just before I have a chance to rip the CD all that information disappears. I s there a switch or tick box that I need to check or is this a bug? Help gratefully received.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album, Artist and track details disappear.

Which version of dBpoweramp do you have installed?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bruin Browne
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by spoon
      which version of dbpoweramp do you have installed?
      r16.6

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Uncheck the option for ISRC and UPC, or upgrade to R17.2 if you need those.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bruin Browne
          • Sep 2012

That has made no difference. In fact neither of those were checked originally. The active providers that I have checked are: Perfectmedia; Discogs; GD3; Musicbrainz and Freedb.

Comment

• Bruin Browne
            • Sep 2012

Hi again. There seemed to be 2 different CDs that would not retain their metadata on screen and after further reboots etc didn't even register on screen and then disappear! I put some different CDs in and they now upload and retain for ripping the metadata. I shall just have to enter those two rogue CD's data manually. Thank you for your input and help. Regards :-)

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

This is relevant also:

R2023 included many updates to the ever changing metadata landscape, in the recent years: All Media Guide (AMG) service has been discontinued freedb.org has also been discountiuned musicbrainz updated their servers, resulting in R16 or older not being able to read the metadata R2023 addresses all these issues and providers
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>