Hi - I have a weird problem. I'm using AssetUPnP to stream from my Synology NAS to my Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone.

On my phone, I use Cambridge Audio's StreamMagic Android app to control my Cambridge CXNv2 network player.

For some reason, the app seems to show the "album artist" against each track instead of the "track artist". So a "Various Artists" album will simply have the words "Various Artists" against each track. If the album artist is "John Smith" and there is a single song by "Sally Jones", that single song will also be listed as "John Smith". This is both in "album" view and "folder browser" view. Once picked up by the CXN, however, the track artist is shown correctly!

What's especially weird is that when I view the same album through the same company's "Cambridge Connect" app, the same track lists are shown perfectly.

When I select to use Synology's built-in media server, the track listings are also correctly, regardless of which media server I use:

So the track listings behave like this:

- AssetUPnP to StreamMagic app - album artists incorrectly shown against each track
- AssetUpnP to Cambridge Connect - track artists shown
- AssetUPnP to Hi-Fi Cast - track artists shown
- AssetUpNp to BubbleUPnP - track artists shown

- Synology media server to StreamMagic app - track artists shown
- Synology media server to Cambridge Connect - track artists shown
- Synology media server to Hi-Fi cast - track artists shown
- Synology media server to BubbleUPnP - track artists shown

Is there any reason why the very specific combination of AssetUPnP and StreamMagic is causing the album artists to be shown instead of the track artist?

I've contacted Cambridge but their response was "it shouldn't be happening" and have asked me to send them some logs (which I haven't yet figured out how to do).

The option "[artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks" is checked in my AssetUPnP settings.

I hope you can help!

Thanks...