title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

Just start using dBpoweramp, running Mac OS 10.13.6 on a 2014 Mac Book Pro, and using an Apple USB SuperDrive.

In configuring Accurate Rip settings, a dialog window popped up along the lines of the drive isn't recognised, would you like to enter a manual offset (not entirely sure of the details), which I left at 0.

Having a bit of a Google it seems that the offset should be +6. Having ripped several CDs the log files show a consistent pressing offset of +6 it would seem to support that (assuming these are related, this is all new to me so if I'm spouting nonsense please forgive my lack of knowledge!).

Is this something that I can manually adjust? Or clear dBpoweramp's record of the drive to allow me to configure it again? Or is it something I don't need to worry about in the first place as Accurate Rip seems happy enough?

Many thanks.

Administrator

Re: CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

If you are confident then enter -6, however 6 samples are in-audible and accuraterip works without you entering this value, so nothing really is gained or lost from either way.

Thanks for your reply. How would I edit this, the value looks to be "locked in" in the software?

Administrator

It cannot be edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It cannot be edited.
    Hi Spoon
    I have just bought dBpoweramp for Mac and I have made the same mistake described above in this thread.
    Without checking the set-up instructions (shame on me), I have entered a "10" in the Sample Offset field.
    After reading the instructions later, I understand that I have for the software to recognize the CD Drive which is a Apple - SuperDrive.
    After looking for a way to revert this, I decided to remove everything from my Mac and download the software to start all over again.
    But, nope, it did not work, Somehow it still showing sampling offset +10.

What can I do? Is there a way to clean everything up and start from scratch?
    I have now seen in the instructions that the Sample Offset figures are significantly different.
    If I cannot do anything (why?), which will be the impact on "ripping quality" if the +10 remains?

Thanks for your advise

Super Moderator

Behavior changes in the new beta-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...Mac-R17-3-beta

You can now manually enter the offset again any time.

Note that dBpoweramp settings can be fully reset by deleting "Library/dBpoweramp" folder in your home folder, in terminal:
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/Library/dBpoweramp
    ... but you should not have to do this.