title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Built in FLACCL support

Built in FLACCL support

Could we possible have codec pack added for FLACCL support. The more and faster compression would be great to utilize with batch converter. I have been playing around with it in CUEripper/CUEtools.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Cool Re: Built in FLACCL support

+1 on this - Tried out FLACCL and it is indeed impressive. In most batch situations I suspect the raw speed will overwhelm the hard drive, however, if we were able to have access to all the brute-force compression potential at the same speed of the current CPU version, the savings over large libraries could be significant. Especially if talking about a service such as Tidal using it. Every KB of data shaved off their streaming FLAC files could really add up when you are talking about millions of people streaming files every day.

Tidal has 4.1 million subscribers and 60 million tracks (roughly)

Let's say FLACCL encoded at the highest settings shaves only 250KB off each song.

That's roughly 14TB of storage saved over their library, 28TB if mirrored backup and they likely have more than one backup.

Let's say the average person spends 30 minutes per day streaming Tidal.

The average song length is somewhere around 3 minutes.

So, that's roughly 2.44 MB of streaming data saved per day per user.

That's 9.5 TB of streaming data saved every day, or 3.4 PB of streaming data saved per year.

That adds up over time. This is why it doesn't matter how long a video takes to compress as long as you get the smallest size at the best quality on the bell curve.

The economy of scale is an amazing thing.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Built in FLACCL support

Quote Originally Posted by TheProfosist View Post
    Could we possible have codec pack added for FLACCL support. The more and faster compression would be great to utilize with batch converter. I have been playing around with it in CUEripper/CUEtools.
    Adding my vote for this request