title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: my ripper has gone nuts !

my ripper has gone nuts !

I rip uncompressed,but the past 2 tracks on the disc show compression of 80 - 90%. Of course,the tracks don't show up as readable.. I've had nothing but trouble with the ripper today- cdrs are showing insecure tracks when the compression isn't off as well. I'm in the middle of a big project and I'm in over my head.

Administrator

Re: my ripper has gone nuts !

Try ripping to normal Flac level 5, does that work?

Try ripping to your local hdd if using a network share.

The first 150 or so rips that db did went quickly, cdrs as well as factory pressings. Now I'm experiencing an hour (or more) wait,half the tracks insecure. Is there a reset to default settings? I am trying again after resetting compression to 5. Not sure about the second comment ("Try ripping to your local hdd if using a network share.")

After resetting to level 5,I reripped the current disc (Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie),taking approx. 60 minutes . 7 of the 10 tracks show insecure. For a 39 minute cd,it ripped 10.2 MB over 10 tracks. I have no idea what to do - I have about 400 more to rip. .
    Last edited by Michael1955; 09-21-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Administrator

It is likely your CD Drive has malfunctioned. Switch the ripping mode to 'Burst', and set the encoder to 'Test Conversion' if it is still slow then the CD drive is faulty (most likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likely your CD Drive has malfunctioned. Switch the ripping mode to 'Burst', and set the encoder to 'Test Conversion' if it is still slow then the CD drive is faulty (most likely).

I checked my drive (Pioneer Bluray) against another drive (LG) and the results are identical. Burst does no good. I put the files in WavePad and it shows up as bars. It's not just slow,also not ripping. I'll try uninstalling ....After that I Don't know.

I was using Windows Media Player for ripping,and was disappointed with the rips. I have been using db for about a month - it has the features I have been looking for,and the rips have been stellar. My drives checked out,and the original discs play fine,it has to be the software. I can't find the original key.Do I have to go back and buy it again ?
    Last edited by Michael1955; 09-21-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Administrator

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you have the problems with CD-Rs only?

Dat Ei

[QUOTE=Dat Ei;201326]Do you have the problems with CD-Rs only?

Dat Ei

I re-installed the program and I've been able to rip 2 discs without a problem. The next one I tried,the tracks showed varying degrees of compression,some as much as 43%,others as little as 0% . I try to rip uncompressed. What is going on ?

Am I missing something I should know ?
    Last edited by Michael1955; 09-21-2020 at 04:18 PM.