title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: I read this about DB Poweramp. Is this true?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I read this about DB Poweramp. Is this true?

EAC lets you pick the source and has AccurateRIP. dbPoweramp doesn't actually have a secure mode as the programmers are lazy and handwave it away claiming true block by block reading wears down drives. DB poweramp has no way to actually verify a rip other than comparing checksums to those already done in the accuraterip database and you don't know if they are accurate until someone rips it using program with a true secure mode such as EAC or XLD for Macs. Drives are cheap (20-40 bucks) so **** them. Use EAC and make sure your rips are good the first time.
    What this seem to say is that EAC will check the CD against itself, while dBp will check it against other CDs. I was hoping that with my Pioneer's Pure Read (if it has hard time reading, it will try again with the laser pointed at different angle I believe) will make up for the dBp not checking the CD against itself. Would you say this would work?

Re: I read this about DB Poweramp. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by ripcd View Post
    What this seem to say is that EAC will check the CD against itself, while dBp will check it against other CDs. I was hoping that with my Pioneer's Pure Read (if it has hard time reading, it will try again with the laser pointed at different angle I believe) will make up for the dBp not checking the CD against itself. Would you say this would work?
    The CD Ripper does support secure ripping and has done for quite some time. You just need a CD/DVD drive that supports it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Some time in the past, was it true that you couldn't tell if it was accurate with dbpoweramp unless somebody have already ripped it in EAC or XLD?
    Last edited by ripcd; 09-18-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Administrator

So much miss information there...dBpoweramp had a secure ripping ability before we invented AccurateRip, so for the last 15 years. Half of accuraterip is populated by discs which dBpoweramp submitted, so it does not rely on EAC.

XLD will not submit to AccurateRip, only EAC and dBpoweramp can do that.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ripcd View Post
    sorry, this statement about dbpa ability to do secure rip and the source of AccurateRip info only being EAC is complete and utter nonsense. It's so wrong I can't even begin to explain how misinformed this statement is. My advice is to avoid visiting whatever forum that was posted on, as such a forum must be full of very misinformed people. Fake news indeed!