title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Second attempt at ripping a CD got an Accurate rip after 1st try had frames to re-rip

2nd attempt at ripping a CD got fast Accurate rip after 1st try had frames to re-rip

Occasionally, I will try to rip a CD and many of the tracks will have to re-rip 20 or 30 frames. But I have noticed that sometimes if I cancel the rip, eject the CD, and start the process over, it rips quickly and does NOT need to re-rip any tracks, and all tracks get an Accurate Rip. Why would this occur? (I believe that my CD ROM is fine.) Can I assume that since I am getting Accurate Rips, all is ok? Thanks.
    Last edited by jeffr; 09-15-2020 at 07:11 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: 2nd attempt at ripping a CD got fast Accurate rip after 1st try had frames to re-

yes, all is ok with those rips that got AR matches. Happens occasionally with me as well. Sometimes I wipe the CD after ejecting and starting over, but sometime very small things can be an issue and as you've seen, starting over can solve it..

Re: 2nd attempt at ripping a CD got fast Accurate rip after 1st try had frames to re-

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yes, all is ok with those rips that got AR matches. Happens occasionally with me as well. Sometimes I wipe the CD after ejecting and starting over, but sometime very small things can be an issue and as you've seen, starting over can solve it..
    Thanks, Gary!