title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP R7.1 Mac & Linux

Super Moderator

Asset UPnP R7.1 Mac & Linux

Current version: beta 5

Downloads:
    Mac | QNAP | Synology
    Linux: x86 32-bit | x86 64-bit | ARM 32-bit | ARM 64-bit

Registered users:
    Upgrading from registered stable to beta retains the registration status.

Changes since R7:
    • Fixed missing covers if found picture file was in format other than JPEG (PNG, WebP or other).
    • Fixed various R7 regressions in Mac UI. Editing browse tree now works.
    • Made editing of browse tree bump the UPnP update ID, if some control point relies on it for caching.
    • Correct handling of Unicode input in web interface fields.

Changes in beta 2:
    • Limited support for playlists written by Windows programs. Asset now tries to find a matching local folder (among apparent network shares) if your M3U/PLS playlists reference files by \\servername\sharename .

Changes in beta 3:
    • Multiple internet radio issues fixed.
    • Fixed AAC ADTS files not being decoded correctly.

Changes in beta 4:
    • Updated to newer QPKG build tool, hopefully nothing broke.
    • Re-added style database field for new installations.

Changes in beta 5:
    • Fixed special folders such as Synology's @eaDir not being hidden in Folders & Filename Browsing
    Last edited by PeterP; 11-04-2020 at 07:06 AM. Reason: beta 5

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP R7.1 Mac & Linux

R7.1 beta-1
    Synology
    Naim iOS 5.18 app
    All OK

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Also good on RPi

However, I don't like the new A-Z handling in the Naim App Release 5.18
    Here all content served by the UPnP Server is either sorted using the server's default (i.e. how it was presented) or Alphabetical A-Z,with an A through Z index on the right.
    This is a change from previous releases, where the folder levels were displayed in the order the UPnP Server sent them, i.e. order defined in the browser tree order, and then the Album Artist level was sorted A-Z by the app, with the A-Z index on the right of the app.

If you now select Alphabetical ordering in the app, all content is displayed in A-Z order, adjusting all the folder views.
    I raised this with Naim for a Beta release, but it was taken to Production as is.

Is there anything possible based on how the content is served by the UPnP server is this functionaltiy entirely within the Controller Application?

Thanks,
    Simon.

Administrator

Entirely control point.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

All A-Z issues have been fixed in the latest Naim Beta, which is due for release soon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Will a fix be introduced in R7.1 to include a digital signature for users running the latest firmware version 4.5.1 on their QNAP?

Super Moderator

The QPKG signing problem will be addressed as soon as possible. I'm working on it. Unfortunately the documentation is lacking, it's like QNAP isn't taking the whole thing seriously, as all they do is annoying the user but the untrusted code still runs!
    I got as far as signing the package with GPG key that I created, qbuild --verify claims the signature is OK, but it's rejected by my NAS anyway.

Even the offical QNAP QPKG building tool isn't code signed-
    https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/QPKG_Development_Guidelines
    https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/QDK/QDK_2.3.3.qpkg
    Last edited by PeterP; 10-21-2020 at 05:22 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Peter,

The datafield "style" seems to have been omitted in R7 (I've reported it on the main Asset forum and Spoon is looking into it) and I've added it via the "Edit database fields manually" option but thought I'd mention it here in case it needs to be added in the beta version.

Missing covers bug seem to be back in beta 3 on Mac (e.g. not showing png)

Super Moderator

Tested, PNG covers load in beta 3.
    If you used old versions (with the PNG bug), you nave leftovers on the bug in your library data - please use "clear database, rescan all folders" to fix.

Super Moderator

Beta 4 posted, style field is back in default settings.

Still no QPKG signing sadly.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just upgraded to Beta 5 for Synology using the link above. To do so I needed to fully uninstall v7 and install beta 5 from scratch (as per Synology instructions)

The process has returned me to a 30 day trial period. Is there any way I can unlock this?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have the same. I've been running beta's over a registered Premium R7 for a long while, no problems.
    Now its refusing to open telling me the 'Trail Version' has expired.
    I've uninstalled everything & reinstalled R7, I'll stay on that until dBp tell us its OK to reload Beta-5

Super Moderator

Please do not uninstall old registered version before installing beta. Upgrade without uninstalling to retain all settings/library and registration status.
    Does Synology refuse to upgrade from a specific stable version to the current beta?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Peter, I was running beta's for a long while over the top of a full registered version, up to this afternoons events that was R7 with R7.1 beta-5 over the top.
    I needed to power off the Synology over last weekend. Today I restarted it & installed new albums, that triggered a message that the 'Trail Version' had run out of time.
    I tried to reinstall R7, it seemed to believe it was a Trail Version & instructed me to uninstall before installing the full version, so I did that.
    I then deleted my stored copy of R7 in case it had a bug & downloaded a fresh version of R7.
    (I always have Plain Text config saved to enable easy copy/paste & a screen shot of Options, so resetting is easy)
    With the new R7 only installed, its working OK
    Now after your post, I've tried installing R7.1 Beta-5 again.
    Its working OK, so seems to have been a minor glitch, maybe caused by the power down/up, maybe something else which I'll leave you to figure out