title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset R7 on Mac/Naim - browse tree issue

Asset R7 on Mac/Naim - browse tree issue

Maybe I'm missing something... but since updating to R7 (Asset installed on a Mac, using the Naim app on an iPhone), any changes I make to the configuration of the browse tree do not seem to be reflected in the Naim app as they were with previous versions.
    I have tried restarting all (app, Asset, phone, and computer), as well as doing clean installs of Asset and the Naim app.
    Of course, I can still access music through the default… I’d just like to clean it up a bit by deleting some of the options and rearranging those I use.

As an example, I am posting two images... how the browse tree is currently configured in Asset (just an example, not my final configuration)... and how it appears in the Naim app, no matter what changes I make to the browse tree.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.08.47 PM.png

IMG_D85E69F0BFC3-1.jpg

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset R7 on Mac/Naim - browse tree issue

Hi again John, I notice your iPhone screen shot has all the items in alphabetical order.
    New to Naim app 5.18 is an A-Z option, when in UPnP if you touch A-Z - the actual A-Z, not the A-Z line, you get a pop up menu that gives you a choice of Alphabetical or Server Default options.
    It doesn't match up your browse tree selection exactly, but its pretty close.
    Last edited by Mike-B; 09-11-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Hi JTmtl

I have the same problem.
    And even if I choose the new option in the Naim app (new option "Server Default") as indicated by Mike-B, I still don't have the browse tree I set in Asset.

However, I could see there are 2 different BrowseTree in the library : v6 and V7.
    One tree is the one I set in Asset, and the second tree (V7 if I am right) is the default tree.
    Unfortunately, the server choose the wrong one.

I found a trick by copy/pasting the correct browse tree and renaming it with v6 (or V7, now I don't remember which one was correct)

but each time I change the setup, I need to do this trick which is not convenient.

screenshot.jpg

I knew I couldn't be the only one with this issue...
    I did try playing with the A-Z option (something I forgot to mention in my first post). It does seem to change the order of things, but still does match the browse tree as configured (as Mike-B noted).
    I'll have to dig around a bit to give Julien's trick a try...

I did a test:

I removed the dbpoweramp folder in the library and started the config from scratch.

At first, when I freshly reinstalled Asset, I only had the browseTreev7, no v6.
    then, when I set and saved my personal browse tree in Asset, it was saved under browseTreev6.

Yup... gave this a try just now too (4th or 5th time I do a reinstall since experiencing the problem)... still not making a difference for me. My changes are not reflected in the Naim app (whether or not I choose to sort A-Z or by the server default).
    Honestly, I mostly just use "Folders & Filename Browsing" (as my tagging is pretty meticulous). If I could at least get that to appear at the top of my browse tree, I'd be satisfied. As it is now, I have to dig down into "Additional" to get to it.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report.

Does it help if you rescan Asset library ('refresh all') ?

Not because it's really needed, but it bumps the update ID counter which should make Naim notice the changes.

It's being changed for the next Asset update so you don't have to do this.

Thanks for the update...

Unfortunately, rescans don't seem to work. I've done several (as well as 2 complete re-installs) and just did one again to check, but nothing seems to change the appearance in the Naim app... aside from switching between "alphabetical" and "server default" (however, neither of these options matches the configuration I have set up in Asset).

Administrator

Try uninstalling the Naim App and reinstall, this will ensure it is not showing old settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try uninstalling the Naim App and reinstall, this will ensure it is not showing old settings.
    I've tried that too... but only on 1 of 2 devices. I'll give it another go today.

UPDATE: Done... still no change.
    Last edited by JTmtl; 09-15-2020 at 10:42 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If it helps & clarifies something (anything) - I use both iOS & Android apps, plus beta test iOS development.
    I've tried to do something to replicate your problems, but nothing I've tried does anything with Asset other than work & display correctly & as per my Browse Tree edit.
    The only real difference is my Asset R7 is the Synology version; so I can only guess your problem is Mac related.

Super Moderator

New beta version posted-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...205*post201205
    Mac UI bugs affecting editing of browse tree have been fixed.
    Thanks for reporting the issues. Please report if you find anything else not working correctly.

I also tried refreshing and reinstalling the app without success with r7.

the browse tree is working properly now with r7.1 beta 1.

thank you for your fast update

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

R7.1 beta-1
    Synology
    Naim iOS 5.18 app
    All OK