title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Vinpower Ripbox

Vinpower Ripbox

Hi,

I am using the trail of DBPoweramp, as I want to see how it works with my ripping station.

I have a Vinpower Ripbox, I've loaded DBPoweramp Reference, the batch ripping module and the files for the Vinpower Ripbox. I've gone into the batch ripper configuration and tried running the individual tests, and several fail and I see the following message "An error occurred from input bin. I did update the command line and changed the COM port from 1 to 4 as the serial port that was setup is COM4. The device does open and close the drive, but the loader does not move.

Has anyone had success with this device? Do you know of other settings I need to change?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Vinpower Ripbox

Firsty you would have to check the system works away from dBpoweramp, try some Vinpower standalone software to see if that can work the autoloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Firsty you would have to check the system works away from dBpoweramp, try some Vinpower standalone software to see if that can work the autoloader.
    Yes, the device works with Vinpower's BPR2000 software as well as Imgburn

Administrator

I have asked for a representative of Vinpower to post here.

Hi there, first of all, don't change the COM port randomly. Go to Device manager and check the COM port that is assigned for the prolific driver.

Once the COM port is set properly, you can test the robot command in the batch ripper and see if each robot command is working as individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpower View Post
    Hi there, first of all, don't change the COM port randomly. Go to Device manager and check the COM port that is assigned for the prolific driver.

Once the COM port is set properly, you can test the robot command in the batch ripper and see if each robot command is working as individual.
    I verified in the device manager that the prolific driver is on COM4. I should add, that some of the batch configuration tests work. The drawer on the drive opens and closes.

The ripbox has worked with Imgburn

Administrator

The drive will always work, however the robot loader is controlled through the com port.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The drive will always work, however the robot loader is controlled through the com port.
    Yes, and the com port is communicating with the Vinpower as it open and closes the drive door when set to COM4. I did verify in the device manager that the Prolific driver is on COM4

See below for a link on the instruction document on how to set it up for RipBox. Most importantly, on the last screenshot, it has the "TEST" function for every command. Please check with one works and which on doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m12...ew?usp=sharing

Please note that you may need to manually open and close the tray with the media during the loading and unloading process.

See our instruction document link below and if everything is followed. If you still have issue, check the last screenshot, there's a "TEST" button for every loader command. You can then test to see which command works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpower View Post
    See our instruction document link below and if everything is followed. If you still have issue, check the last screenshot, there's a "TEST" button for every loader command. You can then test to see which command works or not.

Thanks, last night I uninstalled the batch ripper and Vinpower driver, I unplugged the ripper from the machine, rebooted the computer, then reinstalled both the batch ripper and Vinpower driver. I plugged in the ripper and tested it, the ripper appears to now be working.

Thanks

Last night I uninstalled the batch ripper module and Vinpower driver. I rebooted the machine and reinstalled both components, I then reconnected the ripper and the device now appears to be working.

Thanks