title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How To Download, Install and Activate on an "Offline" Computer. Please

How To Download, Install and Activate on an "Offline" Computer. Please

I have 2 PC Computers, No.1 is "Online" (connected to Internet) while No.2 PC is "Offline" (NEVER connected to Internet). No.2 PC Contains Patient Medical Information and to meet and exceed HIPAA requirements is never exposed to the Internet. Is it possible to Transfer the Download, Install and Activate dBpoweramp Music Converter (+ PerfectTunes and Image Converter) onto the No.2 Offline PC? I realize that some features in these programs will not function for lack of Internet connection but that's OK. I searched these forums for same info but concerned that what I found might not be current. Thank You (in advance).

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How To Download, Install and Activate on an "Offline" Computer. Please

sure, download the "install" programs from "illustrate - dbpa" then copy to a thumb drive, etc. Copy to computer no 2, then install. Keep in mind that metadata, tagging, artwork, checking against accuraterip data base, etc. will all NOT work without internet. That is, most of the good things about the ripping programs will not work. But for converting, the internet will not be that needed.