title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting FLAC to WAV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmonce
    • Sep 2020

Converting FLAC to WAV

I need help. I was converting from FLAC to WAV. Everything was working great, untill I upgraded the CC cleaner. Had problems ever since. I uninstalled the CC cleaner.I uninstalled and installed the dbpoweramp again. Tried to convert from flac to wav again. Does not work. I have pc windows 10. Thanks need some help. I have a little knowledge of computers.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting FLAC to WAV

What exact error message is shown?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rmonce
      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      What exact error message is shown?
      Hello Spoon. There was no error message. All the cd's were download on a hard drive on a sonictransporter i5 music server. i decided to convert the cd's to wav file. I have about 300 cd's. the dbpoweramp app works great. i have cc cleaner on pc. Cc cleaner had an update. From then on I could not convert any flac files. Like I said I uninstall cc cleaner and uninstalled dbpoweramp and installed it back. Now I use dbpoweramp to to download a cd on to hard drive. It works great and puts it in wav file. Looks like if I uninstall and install dbpoweramp it should work. Thanks

Comment

• rmonce
        • Sep 2020

Spoon you may have to explain to me in detail about information. My knowledge about pc is limited.

Comment

• rmonce
          • Sep 2020

Originally posted by rmonce
          Spoon you may have to explain to me in detail about information. My knowledge about pc is limited.
          Spoon If there is an error messag where would I find it.

Comment

• rmonce
            • Sep 2020

Spoon If there is an error messag where would I find it.
            I found this on the forum
            First; after a reboot Convertor did remember the setting. However, as a matter of course I've (in the past) been running CCleaner to tidy up before closing down, so I ran its Custom Clean (as I've been doing for many years) and the setting in Converter changed back. CCleaner never affected v. 15.3 of Converter, so I assume that either some new cleaning feature in CCleaner is now affecting Converter, or v. 17.3 is now saving its default setting in some way that CCleaner can get its hands on to.

Yes, I know the solution; put the files to be converted in the default folder of Converter and still use CCleaner. However, this mucks up my nice and organised folder structure (evolved over years) so I'd like to avoid that - but, however, for ease of conversion I will do that.

Comment

• rmonce
              • Sep 2020

I found this on the forum
              First; after a reboot Convertor did remember the setting. However, as a matter of course I've (in the past) been running CCleaner to tidy up before closing down, so I ran its Custom Clean (as I've been doing for many years) and the setting in Converter changed back. CCleaner never affected v. 15.3 of Converter, so I assume that either some new cleaning feature in CCleaner is now affecting Converter, or v. 17.3 is now saving its default setting in some way that CCleaner can get its hands on to.

Yes, I know the solution; put the files to be converted in the default folder of Converter and still use CCleaner. However, this mucks up my nice and organised folder structure (evolved over years) so I'd like to avoid that - but, however, for ease of conversion I will do that.
              I've delved further and discovered that the latest version of CCleaner now lists dbpoweramp as an application to be scanned (listed under Multimedia), so I've removed the tick in CCleaner and will re-run. Oh dear, it wants me to close Firefox, so be back in a sec...

this is what I found in the forum

Comment

• rmonce
                • Sep 2020

I've delved further and discovered that the latest version of CCleaner now lists dbpoweramp as an application to be scanned (listed under Multimedia), so I've removed the tick in CCleaner and will re-run. Oh dear, it wants me to close Firefox, so be back in a sec...

this is what I found in the forum
                This another statement.

Yes, after running CCleaner with dbpoweramp unticked the Convert To folder hasn't changed. CCleaner has remembered the setting and won't touch dbpoweramp in future.

Comment

• rmonce
                  • Sep 2020

This another statement.

Yes, after running CCleaner with dbpoweramp unticked the Convert To folder hasn't changed. CCleaner has remembered the setting and won't touch dbpoweramp in future.
                  I am using Roon

Comment

Working...

]]>