title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can Someone Help A New Guy Out?

Can Someone Help A New Guy Out?

Just purchased a Nimbie USB Plus, purchased the dbPoweramp package, purchased GD3 bundle. Muddled my way through getting the ripper to work on a small test batch, but every disk is rejected due to no Metadata. All the boxes are checked on Metadata source options including GD3. Any idea where I ran off the rails?

Oh, turned off the firewall on Bitdefender and Windows, still no joy.

Dennis Fisher
    Old guy learning new tricks.

Re: Can Someone Help A New Guy Out?

Well here's an interesting twist. Earlier today I was able to get one CD ripped via dbPoweramp CD Ripper (not Batch). I remembered that disc did get Metadata. So tonight I tried ripping another CD but couldn't get the disc to load. Eventually in the boot process of the Nimbie, the drawer opens and I accidentally dropped the CD in the bin and it went all the way into the drawer. When it closed it read the CD. And the Metadata showed up. So why would it retrieve it with CDRipper, but not BatchRipper?

DMF

Administrator

Must be a firewall issue, the Batch Ripper uses the same metadata providers as CD Ripper.

Spoon, thanks for the reply, but note in my earlier post I disabled both firewalls - Bitdefender and Windows.

I&*8217;ve posted message in the forum looking for help but am not getting a response.

I&*8217;m new and struggling to get the Nimbie USB Plus working to batch rip CDs. I&*8217;ve figured out how to get it running, but in batch rip it never comes up with Metadata. If I use the single rip program, it does.

I bought the full dbPoweramp package, paid for GD3 bundle, but no luck. I&*8217;ve disabled Bitdefender and Windows Firewall, no luck. Any suggestions?

Dennis M. Fisher
    Last edited by Spoon; 09-05-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Administrator

Firstly ensure running the latest R4 version of Batch Ripper. Then rip a popular old CD in Batch Ripper, it should populate from freedb, if it does not then uninstall bitdefender.

Spoon,
    How do I check the version? Can't find a "Help/About" menu. Also, decided to bypass the WIFI connection and go direct Gigabit ethernet connection to bypass any possible firewalls in the Orbi. When I try a disk on Batch Ripper, no Metadata. If I rip the same disk on CD Ripper, it works fine. I'm assuming Paul Simon Rhythm of the Saints is old/popular enough?

dBpoweramp Guru

Cannot speak to your issues, but firewalls are active with both WiFi and Ethernet connections.

Administrator

You are best installing from here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

Then can be certain using latest.

Thanks. Figured out yesterday V1.5 was installed, will test the new version later today. Hope that was the problem.

OK, so I reinstalled the "Family Pack" and when I open Batch Ripper it says I need to register, trial expired. What do I need to do to get this running? I thought Batch Ripper was part of the "Family Pack" suite?

Administrator

You need everything installed to the same folder.

I have reinstalled 17.1 and still get registration required to open Batch Ripper. Any help here?

Administrator

You likely have 64 bit and 32 bit versions installed, run this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

To clear all settings for the programs and the programs, then install dBpoweramp first to the default folder, then batch ripper.

Spoon thanks for the help. Looks like it's ripping away now.