title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: All 320K MP3s Display as 40K MP3s; Want to Use/Keep Existing Tags in Asset UPnP Libra

Question All 320K MP3s Display as 40K MP3s; Want to Use/Keep Existing Tags in Asset UPnP Libra

Hello,

I'm a new registered user of Asset UPnP using WIndows 10 Pro (latest updates). Trying to resolve two (2) issues encountered after Asset UPnP's initial library scan of my music collection.

1. After scanning a large collection of MP3s (all encoded at 320K), rather than display the proper 320K bitrate of the MP3s, everything in library created by Asset UPnP displays as 40K bitrate. When I check source MP3s, they display as 320K bitrate under file properties of Windows 10. However, under filenames created for the Asset UPnP library, these very same files display as 40K bitrate. When playing files, they audibly sound like they're 320 K bitrate with full-fidelity, so this seems to be a global "mislabelling" problem of bitrate as 40K. How can this be resolved?

2. File tags of my MP3s have been carefully curated over the past 10 years and they're exactly as I want them. Most of my files are organized alphabetically by Artist - Album Folders, with the Album's songs then included in Artist - Album Folder. How to I prevent Asset UPnP from ignoring my existing (proper) MP3 tags and substituting the proper tags with alternate & erroneous tags (e.g., wrong titles, wrong artist and cover art errors for MP3s)? Basically, I would like Asset UPnP to use my existing tags (as presently assigned in file properties of songs), and not substitute or interpolate proper tags in the library with anything else (at this point).

The new (and many erroneous) tags created by Asset UPnP makes it difficult to find and select songs and albums. My work-around has been to ignore the tags assigned by Asset UPnP and instead find song selection in a carefully structured directory tree. I search in Folders & Filename Browsing. While this is workable, it obviates the underlying power of Asset UPnP to identify cross-associations of songs in its database.

Any help with resolving these two (2) issues would be appreciated. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: All 320K MP3s Display as 40K MP3s; Want to Use/Keep Existing Tags in Asset UPnP L

1. are the mp3 variable bit rate?
    2. Asset does not substitute tags, it reads the tags from the files, no-where else. If you are referring to the filenames, which have been changed (and the tags are not updated) then you can browse by:

Additional >> File and Folder browsing

Re: All 320K MP3s Display as 40K MP3s; Want to Use/Keep Existing Tags in Asset UPnP L

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1. are the mp3 variable bit rate?

REPLY - Thanks for quick reply ! Yes, all my encodes are variable rate. This applies both to 320 kbps MP3 and high res FLAC. With the MP3s, even though all are encoded at variable 320 kbps bitrate, they all display as 40 kbps (?). With FLACs, with sample rate of 96000 and variable bitrates of 2700 to 3400 kbps, all bitrates that Asset UPnP displays seem to truncate the last digit of kbps (although detecting variable rates). With MP3s, no variable rate is detected; everything displays as a flat 40 kbps. Screen captures of what I'm seeing are attached.

2. Asset does not substitute tags, it reads the tags from the files, no-where else. If you are referring to the filenames, which have been changed (and the tags are not updated) then you can browse by:

Additional >> File and Folder browsing

REPLY: Everything looks fine using FIle and Folder Browsing, but the Album Names and Cover Art displayed in the Library database appear differently than it does in trials I've conducted with other DLNA/UPnP Media Servers. Then, MediaMonkey again displays Album Names and Cover Art it's own way, and differently. It's confusing to me why Album Names and Cover Art display differently in Asset UPnP, Plex DLNA Server, Emby DLNA Server and MediaMonkey DLNA Server, even though all the file tags are the same.
    See replies embedded above.

Administrator

Please email one of your mp3s, address is on this page:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Administrator

How are you browsing Asset? which program?

MediaMonkey is useful for browsing the Asset UPnP Library. It exposes a lot of Asset UPnP data that is otherwise hidden from users.

Administrator

Could be a media monkey issue? the bitrate is shown correct for those files through other media servers?