title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Compilation Albums

Compilation Albums

I've read all of the threads I can find, but I'm still having problems viewing compilation albums correctly. I can't get the Artist to appear with the track name. If I browse via Album or Additional-Compilations I can see all the tracks, but without the Artist name and when playing, the 'now playing' information shows the track name, 'Various Artists' - then the album name. Individual tracks can be accessed via Artist - Album which shows the single track on the album for that artist, but when playing the 'now playing' info is as described earlier with the artist just showing as 'Various Artists'.

I have checked the tags using PerfectTUNES IDTags: Compilation is 'Yes' and Album Artist is empty.
    In Asset configuration, [artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks is checked.

I'm running AssetUPnP 6.7 on MacOS 10.13.6 and accessing via Yamaha MusicCast using their IOS App. I've tried browsing through VLC on the Mac and get the same results.

Please Help!

Administrator

Re: Compilation Albums

Internally Asset will set the album artist to 'Various Artists' for compilations, that is because we have to output an album artist, as part of the UPnP specification. The issue here is the player is choosing album artist over artist, which it should not do.

Is there a reason why the ‘[artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks’ wouldn’t be working?
    Last edited by Jotbolger; 08-27-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Administrator

This is just the track listing in UPnP, it is not used when playing the track.