title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AccurateRip will always check one and the same album whatever I select

AccurateRip will always check one and the same album whatever I select

Hi everybody,
    I have been user of Perfect Tunes for years, and I have never had problems. Since some unspecified time (probably a few months, perhaps even a year) I have the following problem: whatever I choose, AccurateRip will always check the same album on an external harddrive, which is not my primary music folder. Whenever I choose a different folder, AccurateRip would ignore this and check again the album mentioned before. When I remove that album, or even the entire harddrive, and select a different folder, AccurateRip will not find any albums in this folder which contains some 100 albums (or any other folder). The same is true for De-Dup and for Album Art. I have not used ID Tags.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times, I installed the unregistered software, then again the registered softare, no effect. Slowly I am a bit desperate, because I paid the software, I would like to use it again after some time when I was occupied with other issues, and I find no way to get it working properly.

Can anybody help, please?

Thank you very much in advance!
    Markus, Austria

Administrator

Re: AccurateRip will always check one and the same album whatever I select

From the main control center, remove all the folders from the library, then click 'Clear Database cache'

Then add the new folder.

Thank you, Spoon, but I did this, repeatedly, both on the main first page, as well as on the page which opens after clicking on the "tool" sign. I am familiar with this procedure, as I have used it frequently in the past. It always worked. But now no longer. I deleted that "erroneous" folder, I cleared the cache, and the wrong folder pops up again. Very strange! It seems to me that something went wrong "very deep in the system", because even after uninstalling and reinstalling the software, this erroneous folder with this one album reappears over and over again. For that reason I have refrained so far from buying and installing the new version, because I fear that the same problem will stay.

I do not know exactly when the problem appeared, because I have not used the software to check my music library in a while. According to my notes it certainly worked beginning of December 2019, and it certainly failed to work in May 2020. During that time I have used the same PC and the same external harddrive(s). New software installed since then is "Personal Backup" (which I had in a previous version already earlier) running in the background, and the typical updates of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, but nothing exotic.

Thank you for your help,
    Markus

Administrator

If you open Windows File Explorer and in the address bar type:

%appdata%

(press enter) and delete the folder 'perfecttunes'

This will set the program to factory fresh.

Thank you so much, Spoon, it seems to work as before. Great!