title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: My personal m3u Playlists do not play

Question My personal m3u Playlists do not play

Hello
    I have m3u playlist that work on on Twonky but not on Asset. I am using a QNAP NAS. The playlists look like this"

*EXTM3U
    *EXTINF:2571,Jackson Square (Album) - Arkells
    \\MyNAS\Multimedia\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Arkells\Jackson Square (ALAC)\Jackson Square (Album).m4a
    *EXTINF:3755,X&Y (Album) - Coldplay
    \\MyNAS\Multimedia\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Coldplay\X&Y (ALAC)\X&Y (Album).m4a
    *EXTINF:2843,Voyageur (Album) - Enigma
    \\MyNAS\Multimedia\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Enigma\Voyageur (ALAC)\Voyageur (Album).m4a

I have the folder listed in the watched configuration (/share/Multimedia/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music Playlists/)

When I select "Playlists" on the Asset menu, my Playlists display. When I select one of those playlist a list of Artist Names comes up but there are no tracks. When I click on the Artist Names it puts the Artist Name in the Asset Playlist menu but does not play anything.

Any suggestions??

Super Moderator

Re: My personal m3u Playlists do not play

The playlist refers to your music the way your PC can see the music - not the way a program running on your NAS does. Try replacing \\MyNAS\Multimedia with /share/Multimedia in each line, and all backslashes ( \ ) with forward slashes ( / ).

I finally got around to trying your solution. THANKS, It works - but what a pain.
    I use itunes, iTunesExport and mp3Tag to create playlist and they work on Linn Kazoo, but not Asset. Is there a software you are aware of that would create the playlists in the correct format?

I had this problem with converting Foobar2000 playlists for use on my iPod classic (with Rockbox). In the end I wrote a script that uses the unix commands (from cygwin) sed and split to create the necessary lists. I use sed to perform a bulk update replacing the path prefix and split to split my large playlist(s) into a number of files all with a size that Rockbox can handle.

Thanks for you thoughts and reply. I&*8217;ll live with it for now. Asset is good at filtering so I will only create and edit critical ones