title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CRC Color Questions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

CRC Color Questions

Hi:

I have a question regarding CRC colors. I had a little trouble ripping an older CD from the 1980s. On the first 3 tracks it ripped without trouble. On the 4th track it performed a re-rip process that took around an hour to complete and got a secure result. But all of the remaining tracks received error messages. I attempted to rip the tracks that had errors a second time and I still got the error messages. After that attempt failed, I deleted the folder that the album was ripped to, ejected the CD, re-inserted it, and tried again. The CD did get ripped and all tracks were listed as accurate, so I assume that means my CD was properly ripped. However The CRC colors for the ripped tracks differed. The first 3 were green, the 4th was red, and all of the remaining tracks were black. I did some research, but I wish to confirm that I understand the information correctly that I have found. After a second rip, does green mean the second rip matches the characteristics of the first rip, red means that the second rip did not match the first rip due to reasons such as the re-rip process or a bad rip due to a scratched or dirty CD surface, and black means that the tracks were not ripped previously? Also, am I correct in my understanding that despite the different CRC colors, if the rip is listed as Accurate, then my ripped tracks from that CD should be good?

My secondary question is why would a track rip be listed as an error after the first and second attempt, but be properly ripped after ejecting and re-inserting the CD into the drive?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: CRC Color Questions

Red just means the rip was different to the last one.