title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unknown Album Unknown Artist Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpongle
    • Aug 2020

Unknown Album Unknown Artist Question

Just set up Asset for the first time on my Mac to use with Naim streamer.

The Naim App shows all my music on my Mac fine but there is also an (Unknown Album) (Unknown Artist) with eight tracks.

These tracks are Exit, Exit, Limit, Limit, Selection, Selection, SelectionChange, SelectionChange

They are not audible tracks I can play and I cannot find these 'tracks' anywhere in my Music folder

Is this some sort of default thing on Asset UPnP?

Thanks
    Last edited by Shpongle; 08-25-2020, 12:37 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unknown Album Unknown Artist Question

No, these files must exist. It is likely they are just audio tracks with that exact filename such as 'selectionchange'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shpongle
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      No, these files must exist. It is likely they are just audio tracks with that exact filename such as 'selectionchange'
      Spoon, thank you so much for replying. I'm new to the whole streaming thing.

Weirdly, the number of albums showing on Asset matches the number of albums on my iTunes but i still have this (Unknown Album Unknown Artist) album showing on Asset but not my iTunes? When I try and play any of these tracks all I hear on a couple are a sort of 'pop' noise you make with your finger in your mouth and that's it. None of them have any playing time. I've tried searching for the tracks on my iTunes but my Mac finds nothing. There are 8 tracks on this 'album' four titles appear twice Exit, Exit, Limit, Limit, Selection, Selection, SelectionChange, SelectionChange. Something else is strange. My Asset library contains 8024 tracks but my iTunes library contains 8017, so the difference doesn't really match this extra album I see.

Any thoughts on how I go about solving where these files might be? I have my Asset configured to only my iTunes Music folder.

Really appreciate any help you can give me sir.

Many thanks

Comment

• Shpongle
        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
        Just to confirm Spoon....I tried searching in my Music Folder for SelectionChange and it found nothing.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you install PerfectTUNES, the ID Tag program it will allow you to browse your files by metadata, from there it should be possible to identify the location (by right clicking on the track and it shows the full details of the track.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shpongle
            • Aug 2020

Spoon....I managed to solve it. It was a Roy Orbison folder in iTunes that contained a video file of some kind. The one issue I now have is that whilst the number of tracks on Asset and iTunes is the same, iTunes shows as having 572 albums but Asset only shows 571. I could understand it if it was the other way round because Asset seems to split albums if there are tracks featuring guest singers.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Asset will automatically join albums if you have 2 discs, whereas iTunes might report as separate.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>