title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help with ISRC codes in windows version of cd ripper

Help with ISRC codes in windows version of cd ripper

Hi there,
    I managed to get the cd ripper work in mac perfectly. Now when im trying the win version of the software i cannot get isrc codes to show in meta.
    I tryed the same cd drive in my mac and it found everything perfectly. In win version there is no codec for aplle aac ? is this the problem why its not reading isrc codes? Is it possible to install the codec for apple aac for the win ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Help with ISRC codes in windows version of cd ripper

Hey there,

you can download the aac codec for windows here.

Dat Ei

i installed it, and still i cannot see the apple aac in the dropdown menu where is aplle lossles etc. and cannot see the isrc codes yet

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you use the 32bit or the 64bit version of dBpa? Did you install the corresponding encoder?

Dat Ei

I think that i use 32bit win 7 . do you mena that corresponding encoder is the package i downloaded and istalled from that link you sended?

dBpoweramp Guru

That package includes a 32bit and a 64bit encoder. So you would need the 32bit encoder. Did you see the hint "** requires iTunes installed (not through app store) **"?

Dat Ei

eeeh sorry now i dont understand please if you can give me instructuins what i need to and how , would be very happy. and thx for the help allready

dBpoweramp Guru

Please keep in mind, that I don't use either iTunes nor acc. So this is just my attempt to help you in a kind of blind flight mode.

1.) You need (to install) iTunes on your Windows system. There are two kinds of iTunes for Windows: the downloadable program from Apple and the iTunes app, where the app is hosted in Microsoft App Store. You need the program.

2.) If you start dbpoweramp, you cann tell for sure if you have a 32bit or 64bit installation. Or you can check the install path of dbpoeramp (if in "program" then it's 64bit, if in "program (x86)" then it's 32bit).

3.) Depending on 2.) you have to install the 32bit or 64bit encoder. For 64bit just start the downloaded file. For 32bit hold the right shift key of your keyboard and start the downloaded file.

Hope that helps.

Dat Ei