title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP not showing up on LG Smart TV

Asset UPnP not showing up on LG Smart TV

Basically as the heading states: Asset is not showing up in the TV's list of sources. My main DLNA server is Serviio, which shows up fine and has never presented a problem on this or any previous DLNA-capable TVs.

The service is running (and set to Automatic: Delayed Start), the running mode is set to Local Account (it doesn't show up when set to Service either) and apart from that I can't see what else I can change to try to make things work.

Both Asset and Serviio is running on my main (and only) computer, which has a cabled connection to my broadband router and to which the TV is also connected by cable.

Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP not showing up on LG Smart TV

Does Asset how up on any other devices? (such as a control point on and ipad).

Pardon the delay. I pulled a muscle in my back and the question disappeared beneath exquisite agony... :D

Anyway: nope, it doesn't show up anywhere else I've checked, which includes only a couple of DLNA apps on my phone.

Administrator

It is likely you have security software blocking asset from accessing the network, such as firewall.

Hmmm. The only security software I have is Windows Defender Security Centre (on Windows 10 Pro) and the Windows Firewall is set to let it through.

Administrator

Has Asset ever worked for you? or is a new setup?

It has worked in the past, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure when or on what configuration. This is a recently built PC and the first install of Asset on it.

Administrator

Open Windows explorer (on the same computer asset runs on), and click network

under 'media devices' does asset show?

That's another no. In fact, in Explorer under Network there are no media devices, just the broadband router under Network Infrastructure.

Administrator

Try uninstalling Asset, then a full restart of the computer and reinstall Asset.

Well what do you know, that did the trick. I already tried a un/reinstall, without a result, but now everything appears to do exactly what it says on the tin.

Thank you for sorting me out, it's very much appreciated!

likely you have security software blocking assets from accessing the network, such as a firewall.

Hi

I've got a similar problem - Asset does not show up in Linn Kazoo since I've reinstalled Windows 10 even though it appears to be working ok and appears in File Explorer.

I have tried switching off the firewall and anti virus software. Any suggessions to cure this will be much appreciated.

Edit: Curiously it does appear in Kazoo when run on my Windows 10 laptop so I can use it. However, it still doesn't appear on the Windows 10 NUC that is running Asset.
    Last edited by Newton John; 08-16-2020 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Extra info