title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sorting by Album release Oldest first

Sorting by Album release Oldest first

I am using the trial period to see if Asset provides what I am looking for. Most of it is working well. I have a lot of albums (>2000) and I want to have the albums of an artist to be sorted by release year. Asset gives this functionality but shows the newest album first. I would like to have it the other way round showing the oldest albums first. I looked if this can be changed but could not find it. Is there a way to have the Album Release sorted the other way round?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Sorting by Album release Oldest first

You have 2 options:

Either use ALBUM SORT and tag e.g. "1969 - Abbey Road". Note the space between ALBUM and SORT. Also set the handling of sorting tags in the configuration.

Or try the new R7 beta: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Asset-UPnP-R7

R7 beta has added "browse tree item 'Album By Release (INV)' for an inverted listing, newest releases first"
    Last edited by vilsen; 08-15-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Great, I will try the beta. I don't want to tag all my albums differently.

I can't find the beta version for Synology, so I guess it is not there yet.
    When I buy the full version of the current release, will I get a free upgrade to release 7 when it is available?

I ask this because when I bought dBpoweramp less than a year ago I was promised sort of "life long" upgrades. However when I want to upgrade to the latest release (R17), I have to pay again. I want to avoid that with Release 7 of Asset.

Administrator

dBpoweramp Reference has never promised life time upgrades, never in the last 10 years...

Asset does come with those, R7 is in beta test here:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Mac-amp-Linux

We hope to full release R7 in the next few weeks.

OK, probably I have misinterpreted the information on the website when I bought. So, what is the exact upgrade policy? Is it free upgrades within one release? If so, I guess I have to wait until R7 is available? Or can I use the beta as a trial until that time?

Administrator

Asset is free upgrades for all versions, R7, R8, R9