title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can Asset UPnP be run alongside other media servers?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Can Asset UPnP be run alongside other media servers?

I am using Asset UPnP on my Synology NAS 218+ alongside Synology's own Media Server, which I need to keep running for non-music media (movies, pictures, documents).

For a while they have both run together quite well. But this week Synology's indexing server got stuck in a loop, showing that indexing was occuring but with no CPU activity. Re-booting the NAS caused a full re-index (6 hours) but then it would get stuck with the next album I added. To fix it I had to disable Asset, re-install Synology's Media Server and reboot twice more.

I've now restarted Asset and everything seems fine with the Synology services, but Asset isn't automatically reading new tracks. Yesterday it picked up a single track from two new albums and I needed to force a "folder change" search for the rest.

Is there an issue running two servers at once? Does one take priority over the other when running services? And, as a matter of interest, how quickly does Asset normally detect new tracks? Is a "lag" normal?

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Can Asset UPnP be run alongside other media servers?

It is possible that both media servers would try to scan the same files at the same time and fail, if not needing the synology for music, I would point it only at your other media files, not the music.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Can Asset UPnP be run alongside other media servers?

Hi,
    I have Asset running on a RPi2 scanning & indexing the libray on my NAS, alongside a Roon Core (running ROCK on an Intel NUC) which scans & indexes the same directories on the NAS.
    However, the playback is one or the other, still both Asset and Roon serve the same Naim network player (the Roon path bridged to UPnP)