title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: m4b audiobooks - again!!

m4b audiobooks - again!!

Hi there.. Its been a while and I now have one more audiobook to encode into itunes..

I am using DBP 15.1 and the latest recommended encoder [I think] from codec central [dBpoweramp-Codec-m4a QAAC (iTunes) Encoder] and itunes is installed v12.1.8.5

I get this error when trying to convert from wav or mp3 files [44.1 stereo 1411.2 16bit]

Error converting to m4a QAAC (iTunes), 'E:\RENDERS\Audacity Output\Ulysses.mp3' to 'E:\RENDERS\Audacity Output\Ulysses.m4a'
    Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]
    Unable to tag file 'E:\RENDERS\Audacity Output\Ulysses.m4a'

How do I get to encode to .m4b without the error.???
    cheers CD

[note: I had a similar issue years ago, but didn't continue to resolve it]

Administrator

Re: m4b audiobooks - again!!

You need iTunes installed for QAAC and the traditional installed version, not the app store version.

Hi Spoon, thanks for the prompt reply.. I'm not clear what you are saying. Is my itunes not going to provide the necessary???

[btw I am on win10 so using itunes for windows..]
    cheers CD

Administrator

It is how you installed iTunes, it needs to be the direct download, not through the Microsoft App store.

Thanks again, I didn't know there were different versions, and apple took me straight to the windows app store.. I'll have another go.
    Q. Is it okay to install the real version over the windows app store version..?
    cheers CD

Administrator

You would likely have to uninstall the app store version first.

Hi there.. well it doesn't look like windows10 will allow me to install a version of iTunes anywhere else but in the program files\windowsapp folder. I uninstalled the version I had (ver 12.10.8.5) and attempted to install an older version (ver 12.08.0.150) from a download. The installation would not go through cos it was an older version than the one that was previous. So I attempted to install ver 12.10.8.5 from a download in the standard C:\ program files\itunes folder. But it wouldn't do it, it went to the same windowsapp folder again by default. Which is unaccessible to normal users.. So without a good reformat it seems that I am unable to use your aac plugin.. thanks to MS... cheers from CD