title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TuneIn service issues

TuneIn service issues

Okay so first of all the renderer/streamer is a DCS Bartok and I have Asset running on a Windows 10 PC.
    I've been trying to use the TuneIn radio option in Asset; version 6.2.

I was first of all using BubbleUPnP on two different Android clients and several (in fact most) stations would not play giving a resource error. I can browse the stations list but when I select a station (not all) then it shows the title page but it won't play and I got an error.
    I then tried the Radio service which is built into the DCS app.... the same radio station plays fine.
    I then tried the TuneIn service using UPnP via Asset selected via the DCS app... again the station will not play.

It seems three quarters of the stations won't play.

e.g.
    Heart 70s (128K MP3)

This station is also as an AAC stream and also won't play when done through Asset.

Help please! :-)

Administrator

Re: TuneIn service issues

Please post a full path to the Heart station (not local as this is specific to you).

Administrator

Please try the latest R7 which is in the testing section of this forum.

I will... btw Bubblesoft said I should also mention that the streaming links do not play in a web browser, which hints at being dead links or Asset having an issue accessing the radio stream.

I'll try the version 7 and advise... if I can find the testing section ;-)

Version 7 installed... no change. Still got the Tunein problem.... didn't know I lost all my settings when installing V7.... oh well ;-)

Hi,

Any news on this issue? Am I the only one that has these problems?

Steve

Any ideas please?

Administrator

We updated Asset 4 days ago to support https streaming which this station was:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Asset-UPnP-R7

Sorry still won't work. :-(

Administrator

Just tried:

Location >> Europe >> United Kingdom >> National >> Heart

Heart 70's (both mp3 and aac stream play fine on a linn system).

Okay I have just installed asset on a different windows pc and tunein works! The main difference I can see is the PC with the issue is Win7. The one that works is Win10. Could this be the problem?

I have spent ages trying to get this to work in a win7 PC. Firewall is totally off for in/out traffic. Also the programmes are all running as administrator. Is there something else you can suggest please? Is there a special 'service' required? Anything please?

Administrator

There is nothing special, as long as the computers have the correct date and time the HTTPS stream will work, unless there is security software which is blocking the stream.

Okay I've taken to trying the link in a browser to test this.

So the link is http://192.168.9.14:26125/content/c2...0DA.forced.mp3

where 9.14 is the win7 pc running asset.

It comes up error in the browser. If I run wireshark on the traffic to/from the asset PC I can see the request from the browser to the asset

2111 120.891089 192.168.0.107 192.168.9.14 HTTP 446 GET /content/c2/b16/f44100/r9-co4BB66498CA6090DA.forced.mp3 HTTP/1.1
    and then there's the reply back from the asset saying..
    2114 120.922843 192.168.9.14 192.168.0.107 HTTP 173 HTTP/1.0 404 File Not Found

Does this help?