title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Start CD Ripper (cdgrap.exe) from command line with parameters?

Start CD Ripper (cdgrap.exe) from command line with parameters?

I'd like to start three copies of CD Ripper at once, each pointed at a different drive letter.....

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Start CD Ripper (cdgrap.exe) from command line with parameters?

You can just start three instances (with GUI).

Dat Ei

Actually, I’d like to be able to do this also. It would be nice to run a batch script that would start 4 instances of cd ripper each set to a different drive. I have 4 cd drives in my computer and have to manually start 4 instances and change the drive letter each time I start ripping multiple CDs. It would also be nice if I could somehow set the screen position. It’s not a dealbreaker but it would be convenient for those of us with multiple drives.

Administrator

We have Batch Ripper for this purpose

I’ve tried batch ripper. It doesn’t seem to be as good at metadata as the regular ripper. And while I can set it to review data before ripping, it’s more convenient to have 4 instances of ripper open. For some people, just taking the metadata provided is fine. I guess I’m just more picky than that. It drives me nuts to have genre data inconsistent, band names spelled wrong, etc. I just prefer to fix it while I’m ripping and not after. And it’s much easier to do in the regular ripper program than in batch ripper. And don’t even try to rip multi cd sets in batch ripper. The information returned is all over the place. And I prefer to rip all CDs to one folder and change the track number to just keep increasing for each cd. That’s very easy with multiple instances of ripper open, and all track information showing on multiple screens.

I have no problem opening up multiple instances of ripper. I use a batch program now. It just opens all instances on top of each other, with the same cd drive selected for all. After it runs, I just rearrange the windows and change the drive letters. Not a big deal. It would just be easier and more convenient to have the batch file be able to do that for me.

One last thing. Could you make the ripper windows so they are able to be rearranged by the windows operating system? Right now, if you right click the task bar and arrange open windows, they don’t seem to be included. For some reason, windows doesn’t treat a cdripper window as a regular window. Again, no big deal, just inconvenient.
    Last edited by CaryB; 08-09-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You can just start three instances (with GUI).

Dat Ei
    Right, I've been doing that for years. Would like to find a way to NOT do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We have Batch Ripper for this purpose
    I'd seen that on the website, but never tried it. I assumed it was for commercial application or use with special autoloaders only.

Just downloaded it, running though some new discs. Thanks!