title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Do I need the Reference version to do this...

Do I need the Reference version to do this...

Hi - I downloaded dBp to find out if it will do what I want. It looks like maybe the Free version does'nt have the facilities I need. So, before I pay for the Reference version, I'd appreciate it if someone can tell me if dBp Batch conversion can do the following...

I have a Brennan B2 hardware device which I use for CD ripping and storage. I have 15,000 CD tracks ripped in FLAC format on it, about 300Gb. The B2 can export to USB stick, with the compulsory directory structure:

Artist Name / Track Name / File listing
    e.g...
    AC-DC / Rock or Bust / Rockorbust.FLAC, PlayBall.FLAC. etc. etc.

The device also saves and exports the cover art of each CD in the album folder for display in its own screen, and that works with some car infotainment systems. I've done a partial export of my collection that way in FLAC format, which is successful but rather large.

I want to convert this collection from FLACs to smaller MP3s so I can copy it all onto USB sticks to play in car players and so on. But, I'd like the conversion software to:

1) Find the source FLAC files if I simply point it at the USB stick and containing directory (e.g. F:/MISCMUSIC). I don't want to have to manually point it at each of 700+ Album directories to show it where to find the FLAC files so it can covert them.

2) I'd like the converter software to mirror the current directory structure and put the MP3s into it (or at least in one that will keep the MP3s identified with their Albums) so I don't end up with one folder containing 15,000 assorted MP3 files.

3) If possible I'd like to retain the cover art files with the MP3s of each CD so my car players etc. display them.

Can dBp Batch Converter do this please, and is there anything I should know about how to best set that up?

Thanks, Max

Administrator

Re: Do I need the Reference version to do this...

You would be better with this program:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would be better with this program:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm
    Thanks Spoon. So, can TuneFusion be set to compress FLAC files to MP3 on the fly as it syncs? That's what I'd need it to do if I was to use it rather than Batch Converter.

Administrator

Yes it can and preserve art. It is better than batch converter because only new or changed files are converted each time.

dBpoweramp Guru

Dbpoweramp can do what you want, but agree that TuneFusion, is designed to do exactly what you want. Both products are same company. I have both.

Thanks garym. So, Tunefusion can update my collection onto USB stick while converting from FLAC to MP3 on the fly?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Maxr View Post
    Thanks garym. So, Tunefusion can update my collection onto USB stick while converting from FLAC to MP3 on the fly?
    yes

Thanks for that, sounds like what I need.