title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bulk Converting to ALAC Not Doing Artistsort or Albumsort Tags Correctly

Question Bulk Converting to ALAC Not Doing Artistsort or Albumsort Tags Correctly

When I bulk convert my FLAC files to a set of ALAC files for iTunes and then add the folders to iTunes, I find the artistsort and albumsort tags are not properly imported. They are just repeats of the Album and Artists fields.

If I open the Alac files in MP3Tag and save all of them and then add the folders to iTunes, the sort tags are correct.

Why am I having to re-save the files from within MP3Tag to get the artistsort and albumsort tags to import into iTunes correctly? Is there a setting for the batch converter I need when making ALAC files for them to properly import?

Administrator

Re: Bulk Converting to ALAC Not Doing Artistsort or Albumsort Tags Correctly

Please upload one ALAC file before and after mp3 tag has touched them, upload to somewhere like drop box please and personal mail me a link.

Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?

I have the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Please upload one ALAC file before and after mp3 tag has touched them, upload to somewhere like drop box please and personal mail me a link.

I will test one album in iTunes and if it is not correct, I will rumor through MP3TAG and then test to see if problem repeats. I will get you a copy of a file before and after.

I was able to recreate the problem. I have sent you a private message with a link to access the two files you requested.

Administrator

The issue is your FLAC files have 'AlbumSort' and 'albumartistsort' tags, dBpoweramp needs: 'album sort' and 'album artist sort', you can use the DSP effect ID Tag Processing and set to map from albumsort to album sort, etc

The issue is your FLAC files have 'AlbumSort' and 'albumartistsort' tags, dBpoweramp needs: 'album sort' and 'album artist sort', you can use the DSP effect ID Tag Processing and set to map from albumsort to album sort, etc
    Thanks. That is how MP3Tag does the tag. I think MP3Tag maps it to other tags and that is why iTunes can read it from the newly saved files.

I used bulk converter, because I modified all my FLAC tagging to add the sort values, so needed to make a new set of ALACs for iTunes. Going forward, it will just be ripping any new CDs I get, so I assume when I rip a CD to FLAC and ALAC with the mult-encoder, the ALAC files will have the correct Album Sort and Artist Sort tags since the ripper will be creating the files. Correct?

Administrator

Correct

Correct
    Thanks!