title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Accurate Rip Question

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Accurate Rip Question

Spoon,

I had an old CD that was not ripping accurately, but I retried it a more few times consecutively, and it finally went accurate. I'm wondering if it read the bits differently the final time, or did the ripper just "settle" for the bits it was getting.

Thanks,
    DR
    Last edited by Darryl R; 08-03-2020 at 08:53 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Accurate Rip Question

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl R View Post
    Spoon,

I had an old CD that was not ripping accurately, but I retried it a more few times consecutively, and it finally went accurate. I'm wondering if it read the bits differently the final time, or did the ripper just "settle" for the bits it was getting.

Thanks,
    DR

The ripper doesn't have that sort of Artificial Intelligence "brain". That is, it can't learn to just "settle" for less than perfect match over time. If it can't get an AR match, one could run it a million times and still not get an AR match. With a problem disc, the ripper has trouble with reading a certain number of frames. When these don't match, no AR. But if one tries enough, the reripping of the bad frames might eventually get a good rip on those frames and thus an AR match. So if you eventually get an AR match, it's NOT because dbpa decided "good enough, let me go ahead and label this bad rip as an AR match and move on."

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Accurate Rip Question

That's what I suspected, and wanted to hear. Thanks.