title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Question: Can I add disc numbers, after the discs have been encoded?

Question: Can I add disc numbers, after the discs have been encoded?

My problem is this, in encoding several multi-disc concerts, I somehow screwed up in assigning Disc. *’s. Under the title of the album, is where I would normally say Disc. 1, 2, 3 etc, etc. Maybe, without knowing it, I somehow exceeded the text limit under that designation? Thereby, leaving the entry, without a proper Disc. *?

Here’s an example of how the entry looks after it’s been encoded, from left to right:

01 Bruce Springs... 1 Born In The U.S.A. Bruce Springsteen...
    01 Bruce Springs... 1 The Promised Land Bruce Springsteen...
    02 Bruce Springs... 2 Badlands Bruce Springsteen...
    02 Bruce Springs... 2 My Hometown Bruce Springsteen...
    03 Bruce Springs... 3 Out In The Street Bruce Springsteen...
    03 Bruce Springs... 3 Thunder Road Bruce Springsteen...

Etc, etc, In checking the actual set list, Disc 1, Track 1 - Born To Run
    Disc 1, Track 2 - Badlands
    Disc 1, Track 3 - Out In The Street

Is there a way to straighten out this mess, assign Disc. *’S, without having to go back and “encode,” all the discs over again??? I believe there is a less invasive method.

Administrator

Re: Question: Can I add disc numbers, after the discs have been encoded?

If the discs are all mixed up in the same folder, it might be quicker to delete the files and re-rip than manually move the files.

Dear Spoon,

What you say is certainly possible, but would be a real pain in the arse, as I&*8217;ve packed up these discs in storage bins. I recently encoded a ton of music, and well, was hoping for a much easier method. I could have sworn that I came across this very same issue a while back, and without having to re-rip, was able to solve it. How would I manually move the files in the first place?

dBpoweramp Guru

You have the disc numbers in the metadata? If so, you can use the DSP "Arragne Audio" or Mp3tag.

Dat Ei