title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Separating albums and singles in Asset

Separating albums and singles in Asset

Hi all, as a new Asset user, wondered if anyone can help or advise. I have a QNAP 212 where I rip to via dB Poweramp On a Windows 10 PC. I have many CD rips, hi res downloads and CD singles all held in Multimedia share under Music. This is fine but very congested. I wondered if there was a way to separate the music into separate headings of albums and singles ?. I initially thought I could create new folders under Music but these are sub folders which Asset doesn’t read. I am very much a non computer person so I am asking is there any straightforward way of doing this ?.
    Many thanks
    John

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Separating albums and singles in Asset

There is Additional > Browse by folders in Asset to browse on the disk.

In my library though, the singles are not in one place on the hard disk, but in subfolders of the artists.

So to easily find just singles, I have the custom tag ALBUM TYPE in which I type Studio or Live or Single etc.

Hi Vilsen

Is it possible to re-Tag, thus changing my original Tag settings after ripping, so I can then set browse option as you mention.
    Thanks
    Wayne

Administrator

You would be best adding an addition genre called singles, then you should be able to find them easily.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I have many CD rips, hi res downloads and CD singles all held in Multimedia share under Music. This is fine but very congested. I wondered if there was a way to separate the music into separate headings of albums and singles ?
    Take a look at this thread:
    separate flac stereo from flac multichannel

in particular, post no. 6, where you could populate a library tag, with 3 different values for CDs, CD singles and hi-res files.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ucbywml View Post
    Hi Vilsen

Is it possible to re-Tag, thus changing my original Tag settings after ripping, so I can then set browse option as you mention.
    Thanks
    Wayne
    Yes it is. Updating or adding tags is easy, you only need a tag editor. PerfectTUNES from dBpoweramp is a good choice, and you have some other taggers here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Tag_editors (but not all of them are for audio)

Keep in mind that custom tags must be set up in Asset, see here:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Tags-to-Asset

It might be easier to just use a standard tag like GENRE, if you don't mind the mixing of content.

Hi Spoon

I see, much clearer now.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regards
    Wayne

Hi Vilsen

Thats great, I understand now. Thank you for the advice and links.

Thanks

Wayne