title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DBPPoweramp - Adding ID-Tag on Properties Window - Randomly fails "unable to write"

DBPPoweramp - Adding ID-Tag on Properties Window - Randomly fails "unable to write"

Running dBpoweramp 17.1, using the context menu feature, Properties window, ID-Tag tab. Windows 10 Home 2004 64bit edition.

Working with MP4 files. Adding a single ID tag to add copyright information to Comments tag. I have created these MP4 files NEW, all from the same program: Animotica video editor software. I have about an 80% success ratio adding a tag.

Files are NOT read only, permissions are read/write for everyone. All files have the exact same properties. Fails when updating a single file or multiple using the explorer context feature. I'm not sure which of the programs of the suite are involved, the error message shows dBpoweramp on the title, screenshot: 2020-07-29.png

It seems to fail randomly. Since all ~65 files have the same attributes, it seems unlikely it's anything to do with any file specifically. All files are on a shared NAS drive. In the most recent attempt, around 65 files, six failed to update.

Have tried the following:
    • REBOOT does not help
    • Change security option does not help
    • Change read only on-off does not help
    • Retry never works
    • Moving file to local drive does not help.

At some point later on, it seems that files that failed to update will update successfully, though it's hit and miss when it will work, so I haven't tried this extensively.

It *seems* to only fail on adding a tag. I don't think it's failed once updating an existing tag, but difficult to be certain.

Administrator

Re: DBPPoweramp - Adding ID-Tag on Properties Window - Randomly fails "unable to writ

It will be to do with the network share and your computer, if you were to bring the files locally, change the tags I am sure they would write without issue.

Re: DBPPoweramp - Adding ID-Tag on Properties Window - Randomly fails "unable to writ

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It will be to do with the network share and your computer, if you were to bring the files locally, change the tags I am sure they would write without issue.
    Note as per the original report, I already tried it, fails on local drive too:

• Moving file to local drive does not help.

Administrator

Do you have security software?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Do you have security software?
    Yes, I use Windows defender. It's not popping up any warnings, I can try to disable it, but it's not likely to just fail on random files from a list.I attached a screenshot of the folder, I tried to add the comments tag to all these files, the ones that are blank failed. As you can see, it works on most, but those that it fails on will fail for an unknown period of time, then they will work at some random point in the future. dbpoweramp_error.jpg

Administrator

If it reliably fails on a certain file, we can take a look at that file.

Administrator

Issue confirmed, will look at for the next update.