title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Every CD not in AccurateRip

Every CD not in AccurateRip

Since upgrading to R17.1 every CD I try to rip is "Not in AccurateRip". This includes popular CDs that I've ripped in the past; i.e., Van Morrison, Rolling Stones, Byrds, etc., that I loaded up as a test to see if I still got that message. I've re-downloaded and re-installed the software but that didn't make a difference. When I continue with any of the CDs they do "Secure" rip successfully but it takes a lot longer because of the additional passes.

Any ideas on why this has suddenly started and how I can fix the problem?

Thanks.

David

Administrator

Re: Every CD not in AccurateRip

Windows or Mac? which version were you previously running? do you get metadata and album art?

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6. I first purchased dBpoweramp R16 (Sept 2019) and if there were any updates/upgrades I installed them until the latest R17.1. Yes, I get metadata and album art in every case.

I wouldn't think it would make a difference but just in case: my original license was for the single user. This time when I upgraded I mistakenly purchased the multi-user pack.

Administrator

Do you have any security software?

Yes, I use the free version of Avast Security.

Quote Originally Posted by dhampny View Post
    Yes, I use the free version of Avast Security.
    But I've been using this since before I started using dBpoweramp.

dBpoweramp Guru

Is it a Catalina permissions issue. Don't use a Mac, but seems there are lots of things that require settings with Catalina.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Is it a Catalina permissions issue. Don't use a Mac, but seems there are lots of things that require settings with Catalina.
    No. I've been using Catalina for several months now. I've ripped hundreds of CDs with dBpoweramp but have just begun having this problem since installing R17.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

I removed Avast Security from my Mac and dBpoweramp is once again working just like it used to. My guess is that sometime in the past couple of months since I last ripped a CD, Avast had an update that interfered with dBpoweramp.

I had the same AccurateRip issue, and the culprit was a recently-installed Avast Premium on Mac. I saw dhampny's post above and tried turning off the Avast Web Shield. With that, everything works fine.

Elsewhere someone reported that they were able to add exceptions in Avast for the various external sites. I tried this but I must be missing something. If someone knows these URLs please post them. It would be nice to avoid switching Avast shields on & off.

I just tried again and the issue seems to have been resolved, likely with a recent update to the Avast product. I am able to rip and get the expected AccurateRip behavior without disabling anything in Avast. For the record, I have no Avast exceptions set.