title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File Conversation Missing Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hurricanefan77
    • Jul 2020

File Conversation Missing Files

Hey guys have you seen or experienced where running a single cd conversion or a batch you may have files that are skipping with no Error alert when finished?

I have my files converted to ALAC and they land in the automatically add to iTunes folder. Sometimes songs are missed completely or I get extra tracks with no metadata added to iTunes.

Any idea's on how to correct this?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: File Conversation Missing Files

Originally posted by hurricanefan77
    Hey guys have you seen or experienced where running a single cd conversion or a batch you may have files that are skipping with no Error alert when finished?

I have my files converted to ALAC and they land in the automatically add to iTunes folder. Sometimes songs are missed completely or I get extra tracks with no metadata added to iTunes.

Any idea's on how to correct this?
    during ripping make sure that other programs that use the files are not running at the same time. For example, iTunes should not be running while you are ripping. It starts moving files before the album is done. And certain ripping steps are done after all the cd tracks are ripped.

Comment

• hurricanefan77
      • Jul 2020

Originally posted by garym
      during ripping make sure that other programs that use the files are not running at the same time. For example, iTunes should not be running while you are ripping. It starts moving files before the album is done. And certain ripping steps are done after all the cd tracks are ripped.
      I just tried that with like 5 cds. There was no blank music files but still quite a few skipped..

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Ripping to local HDD or network share?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

I just tried that with like 5 cds. There was no blank music files but still quite a few skipped..
          odd. Take a look at the ripping log (txt file) to see if there are any errors reported or other hints. Be sure to select that you want the complete ripping log in your ripper options.

Comment

• hurricanefan77
            • Jul 2020

Local

Comment

• hurricanefan77
              • Jul 2020

Where would I access the txt log?

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Where would I access the txt log?
                if created (you set this in CD ripper options toward the bottom of the option list popups), and the log is automatically saved in the same directory as your audio tracks.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

In this instance you are best ripping to a folder where iTunes is not looking, then move the tracks to the automatically add to itunes folder after ripping.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hurricanefan77
                    • Jul 2020

Originally posted by garym
                    if created (you set this in CD ripper options toward the bottom of the option list popups), and the log is automatically saved in the same directory as your audio tracks.
                    I don't see that, and I'm not getting when I change FLAC to ALAC

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

I don't see that, and I'm not getting when I change FLAC to ALAC
                      Do you mean change from FLAC to ALAC when ripping. Or do you mean doing a CONVERSION of FLAC to ALAC. Ripping log files are not created on conversions. Only on original rips. I'm not home, but I recall the save log option is under the CD ripper options, under the SECURE rip option, "secure settings"

Comment

Working...

]]>