title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Why is CD Ripper not using AccurateRip?

Why is CD Ripper not using AccurateRip?

Hello,

*** I am reposting this in this forum as it was posted in the wrong forum earlier ***

I've been using dbPowerAmp to rip CDs for a while now and it has always performed well. A couple of days ago, I noticed that when I tried ripping a CD, it did not use AccurateRip instead it used the Secure rip method and multiple passes (I think its 2 passes - possibly due to my config). Ripping now takes a lot longer.

I tried ripping a CD that I had ripped successfully in the past. When the CD mounts, the music converter reports that AccurateRip was used successfully previously. However, when I re-ripped that same CD, the app paused at the end of Pass 1 Ripping 99% for a long time. It finally reports an Accurate rip. This is occurring on every track.

Could it be due to a CD drive malfunction?

I am using R17.1 on an iMac with MacOS 10.13.6 (newer versions of MacOS are not supported on my iMac), though I do not think this is the problem as I had the same problem on R17 which performed well the last few months. I updated to 17.1 yesterday, thinking that my app was corrupted, as it was available.

Any help to solve this problem will be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Administrator

Re: Why is CD Ripper not using AccurateRip?

Which security software do you have? possibly it is blocking access to Accuraterip.

Try a few more CDs, the delay at end of ripping: try setting the encoder to 'test conversion', and re-rip that cd mentioned, does it still pause at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which security software do you have? possibly it is blocking access to Accuraterip.

Try a few more CDs, the delay at end of ripping: try setting the encoder to 'test conversion', and re-rip that cd mentioned, does it still pause at the end?
    @Spoon,

Thanks for your quick response.

I use Avast for security. After testing as you suggested, I still found that the CD Ripper paused at the end. So I included some exclusions to Accuraterip.com as well as the site for GD3 and musicbrainz. That did the trick and everything worked like before.

I really don't understand what had changed in the intervening 2 or 3 weeks since I last used the app. I have not installed any new version of Avast. This shall remain a mystery.

Thanks again.

Thanks a lot, @Spoon and @stephenng. I had the same issue (up to date with R17.1 on iMac). Turning off Avast's Web Shield resolved it. If possible could you post the URL patterns that you added as exclusions? I tried a few, but it's not completely working yet without turning off the shield. Thanks.