title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help with changing file tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heloduck
    • Feb 2012

Need help with changing file tags

Hi,

The default tag for a track has the artist followed by a hyphen and then the track name. I'm trying to remove the artist name from the track -- the text string is too long for my streamer so all I see is the artist name and part of the track name. When I did that, it does add that data correctly, but it leaves off the file modifier (.wav) when it creates the file. How can I structure it to include the file type modifier when it creates the file.

I apologize up front as I'm not adept at HTML or whatever the code is written in.

Thanks,

Duck
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Need help with changing file tags

odd that this would be too long a name unless you have lots of folder and subfolders before getting to the actual name. Here's my naming string. If has file name of only track number, hyphen, then track name, unless it is a compilation album then it uses track artist as well. You may want to use the 'maxlength' function at the beginning. But I'd check to see that the basic folder storage is not way to many levels.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

EDIT: This is for windows. if Mac, backslashes would be changed to forwardslashes.
    Last edited by garym; 07-19-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Heloduck
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by garym
      odd that this would be too long a name unless you have lots of folder and subfolders before getting to the actual name. Here's my naming string. If has file name of only track number, hyphen, then track name, unless it is a compilation album then it uses track artist as well. You may want to use the 'maxlength' function at the beginning. But I'd check to see that the basic folder storage is not way to many levels.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

EDIT: This is for windows. if Mac, backslashes would be changed to forwardslashes.

Thanks. My problem was that when I changed from the default tag to anything else, the file modifier, ".wav" was dropped and if I clicked on the file, Windows would ask me what program is associated with the file. But I "solved" the problem. After CD Ripper created the folder for the files, I opened the folder to see if my naming convention was working. It was, but without the modifier. But I was attempting to play the file before the CD was finished ripping. Unlike other rippers, CD Ripper adds the file modifier after it has finished ripping the CD as a cleanup action. If I had let it finish, I would have seen there was not problem. It added the ".wav" modifier. So, my problem really wasn't a problem at all.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me.

Heloduck

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

good the solution was so simple. Yep, several things get added at the end of the CD rip, so best to let finish before opening/playing/moving the files.

Comment

Working...

]]>