title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing album art jpg and tracks, tracks listed out of order

Question Missing album art jpg and tracks, tracks listed out of order

I have a MAC with a library of AIFF files that were ripped using dbpa under Sierra OS. Recently installed Catalina OS and now library tracks are listed out of sequence(3,2,13,10..), track art and jpg files missing. Under prior OS everything was ok. Confirmed dbpa has security access for both files and folders and full disc access.

Tried ripping new CD to see what would happen and same issues. Any suggestions on what I can try to sort this out?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Missing album art jpg and tracks, tracks listed out of order

What are you using to look at the files? Finder or iTunes?

I have tried both but mostly use finder

Administrator

Check the id tags in the files, right click on one of the files and 'Edit Tags in dBpoweramp' (or services >> Edit Tags in dBpoweramp).

Thanks Spoon I have been able to do that and have been adding back album cover jpg files one at a time that way. Have not been able to determine how to restore the art to individual tracks as it was before I installed the new OS. Also mostly concerned with how to get it sorted so new rips work properly. Thanks for your help.

Administrator

Do the files have album art already, even though finder is not showing it?

Yes!The album art covers show in the edit tags with dbpoweramp at the bottom. I've been using that to add a jpg file back to the some of the album folders in the music library one at a time. As I said haven't seen a way to get images to show on the individual tracks.

Administrator

Perhaps apple removed this ability.

After saving a copy of the iTunes media music folder I deleted the contents from the Mac and copied over an older version from an external HD. That did not help with the artwork challenges for either cover.jpg folders or track art for the existing library but did at least get the tracks to reset and list in the correct order.

The really good part is that after resetting the library I burned another cd tracks are now listing in correct sequence and with a cover.jpg file. Only thing missing was the track art. I have no idea why changing out the library affected the ripping of new cds but just glad to be working again.

Spoon you may be right about apple taking away the ability to see track art for AIFF files with the latest OS. I will reach out to them to see if I can learn more on that.

Thanks for the help.