title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Question on errors in rip

Question on errors in rip

Hi,
    Attached is a screen shot of a CD rip, i assume when AR fails, but a check mark on Secure, the rip is good?

rip error.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Question on errors in rip

Quote Originally Posted by cwall64 View Post
    Hi,
    Attached is a screen shot of a CD rip, i assume when AR fails, but a check mark on Secure, the rip is good?
    Normally rip with green checkmark is good rip (secure) when one doesn't get an AR match. But this is a bit of an odd case, as you are getting AR matches for all the other tracks on this album, but not for this track. So something is odd here. I'd try ripping that track with a different drive for example.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Normally rip with green checkmark is good rip (secure) when one doesn't get an AR match. But this is a bit of an odd case, as you are getting AR matches for all the other tracks on this album, but not for this track. So something is odd here. I'd try ripping that track with a different drive for example.
    Thanks for the information. I am wondering if a brief network connection issue could cause it also? I re-ripped the CD in the same drive and it had all AR matches this time... Unfortunately i do not have another drive! But, I did just order one...

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks for the information. I am wondering if a brief network connection issue could cause it also? I re-ripped the CD in the same drive and it had all AR matches this time... Unfortunately i do not have another drive! But, I did just order one...

if you got all AR matches the second time, you're all good. Must have been an internet connection issue. A second drive will come in useful. Some CDs rip perfectly on one drive but not another. So multiple drives (even very cheap ones) can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    if you got all AR matches the second time, you're all good. Must have been an internet connection issue. A second drive will come in useful. Some CDs rip perfectly on one drive but not another. So multiple drives (even very cheap ones) can be useful.
    Ok, that brings up a question i have always wondered about - since this is a bit by bit reproduction, i assume it doesn't matter what drive or computer music is ripped on (as long as I get the AR checkmark)? Over time i ripped every CD I had on an old Mac Pro, but did it in Apple Lossless (thru iTunes), i am now going back and using DBpoweramp to get the verified Accurate rip in FLAC.

dBpoweramp Guru

Ok, that brings up a question i have always wondered about - since this is a bit by bit reproduction, i assume it doesn't matter what drive or computer music is ripped on (as long as I get the AR checkmark)? Over time i ripped every CD I had on an old Mac Pro, but did it in Apple Lossless (thru iTunes), i am now going back and using DBpoweramp to get the verified Accurate rip in FLAC.
    correct. Computer or drive doesn’t matter. That’s the beauty of AR. Also, you can use the PerfectTunes companion product to test for AR matches on already ripped lossless files. You may want to use that on the old apple lossless files instead of re-ripping.

Thanks, great idea!

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks, great idea!
    And by the way, if you'd like to convert the apple lossless files to FLAC, just use dbpa batch converter. Because these are all lossless files, one can convert from/to any other lossless format.

Thanks for all the help. There were a few tracks that didn&*8217;t match accurate rip, but most CDs were all good! I was liking cleaning up the tags, but I can do that with PertectTunes also!

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks for all the help. There were a few tracks that didn&*8217;t match accurate rip, but most CDs were all good! I was liking cleaning up the tags, but I can do that with PertectTunes also!
    great!