title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Best default settings for SACD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best default settings for SACD

Hello all,

My first post here. I just purchased dBconverter yesterday and would like to get the proper bitrate and KHz correct for each SACD iso I process.

I use ISO2DSD to produce .dff files with the settings Channel = Multi, Output Mode = Phillips DSDIFF and Convert DST to DSD checked. I then use Music converter to produce FLAC files. What I haven't been able to find is how to have the Bitrate and KHz that is available on the iso to be maintained in the FLAC files that are rendered. I don't want to generate 96KHz FLAC if 192KHZ was available.

For example, looking at a dff produced by ISO2DSD, this particular one is DSD64 2.8224 MHz, 1 Bit, 5644 kbps. After being converted to FLAC with Music Converter, that file is 24Bit 96KHz 4808 kbps I don't know if anything was lost in this conversion.

As there's no benefit to selecting a higher Bit/KHz than was on the original, I don't want to set a default that is too high or too low, but I haven't yet found an option to deal with this.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this are appreciated.
    Last edited by KA1J; 07-14-2020 at 05:29 PM.