title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Restrict tags to Artist, Title, and Genre

Restrict tags to Artist, Title, and Genre

Hello...I am comparing dBpoweramp CD Ripper to EAC, which I have used for several years. I am now ripping to FLAC, and my preliminary tests show that CD Ripper is faster, which is great.

For various reasons, I restrict tags to Artist, Title, and Genre. I know this is unusual, but it meets my needs.

I cannot seem to do this with CD Ripper. I know that I can strip out tags later with a tag editor, but I would prefer to skip this extra step in my workflow.

Is there a way to restrict tags to Artist, Title, and Genre?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Restrict tags to Artist, Title, and Genre

You can config in the options ("CD Ripper Options" -> "Tags & Filenames" -> "Meta Data & ID Tag" -> "Options") which tags will be written.

Dat Ei

Hi, thx for this information,

Options, and then what rip results in:

options.jpg

3.jpg

Under options, I do not see "Album", is there a way to not include this tag when ripping?

Other than this, the program seems to be working great so far :-)

dBpoweramp Guru

You can try to delete the album tag by using the DSP "ID Tag Processing", which allows to map, delete, manipulate and add tags.

But aside of that, I don't understand your motivation to spend the time to rip CD's to flac and to restrict and throw away the tags. For me, like for most of the dBpa users, ripping to a lossless audio format is like creating a digital negative or digital source, which should be as errorfree as it can be, has as much meta data as possible, and is the source for creating copies in different audio codec's with different requirement's (maybe less meta data or reduced album art resolution). The disk space you need for the meta data in your source files isn't in the days of TB hard disks really the problem. Just my 2 cents...

Dat Ei