title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

qaac encode block with large files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacobacci
    • Dec 2014

qaac encode block with large files

I am encoding my library to m4a for the car using qaac and dbpoweramp music converter.
    I have five files that report "error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [dEncoder::Encode Block]"
    The files concerned are very large 24/352.8kHz flacs with a duration >16 minutes. The conversion breaks off at exactly 15:44 (there is an m4a file in the target directory of that duration).
    One file is 24/192 and that one stalls at around 26 min.

This problem occurs in batch file converter and when I convert only a single file.

This problem does NOT occur when I use qaac from a windows batch file. The files convert fine and show the correct length after conversion.

Is this a known issue?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: qaac encode block with large files

Try replacing qaac64.exe with the version you are using.

in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a QAAC (iTunes)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jacobacci
      • Dec 2014

I replaced the qaac program files in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a QAAC (iTunes) with the current 64bit files (2.69 from June 21st). Unfortunately I am still getting the same error:

Error converting to m4a QAAC (iTunes), 'F:\music\4d DSFHD_PCM\Ansermet, Ernest\Stravinsky - Le Sacre Du Printemps (HDTT) (DSF256_352.8)\01-01-The Adoration Of The Earth Part I.flac' to 'F:\music\4d DSFHD_PCM\Ansermet, Ernest\Stravinsky - Le Sacre Du Printemps (HDTT) (DSF256_352.8)\01-01-The Adoration Of The Earth Part I.m4a'
      Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

This is because to stream it to the encoder we have to decode to a PCM format and pass the size through a wave header which is limited to 4GB.

You are best to downsample the files to 48KHz or 44KHz before encoding as qaac, or use the FDK aac encoder.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jacobacci
          • Dec 2014

Adding a resample to 44.1kHz DSP to the Conversion settings did indeed solve the issue.
          What does seem strange to me is that if I convert the original FLAC to WAV, the resulting WAV is around 2GB in size, which would be far from the 4GB limit you mentioned.

Comment

• jacobacci
            • Dec 2014

The plot thickens somewhat. Using dbpoweramp music converter on a single file
            - Conversion of the FLAC to WAV works without issue. The size of the resulting WAV is just under 2 GB
            - Conversion of the WAV to qaac shows the Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]
            - Conversion of the WAV using command line qaac works without issues

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Some programs read wave files with a 2GB limit. dBpoweramp sends audio through pipes, which is a different read routine than reading a file directly.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• someguy925
                • Jul 2020

Apple Application Support could be missing on your computer.

1. Download iTunes but don't install it https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win64
                2. (7-Zip or WinRAR is required) Right click iTunes64Setup.exe and open with 7-Zip or WinRAR.
                3. In 7-Zip/WinRAR, double click AppleApplicationSupport64.exe.
                4. Install it and then try converting again.

Comment

Working...

]]>