title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: First Ultra Secure pass doesn't change speed

dBpoweramp Guru

First Ultra Secure pass doesn't change speed

I'm seeing an issue, I think, with 17/17.1. I use secure ripping with ultra secure set for 3 rips max, pass after two, vary speed. This is Windows 7

Many of my Caribbean CDs are not in AccurateRip.

In the past, for years, the ripper would run two passes at whatever speed the drive would allow, for instance 20X or whatever, then the "ultra secure" pass it would slow down to about 8X. If that pass matched the first two, the rip showed as secure. If not, it would run more passes at varying (faster unless the CD was bad) speed. If no match, it would re-rip sectors.

Now, the first "ultra secure" pass seems to always be at the same speed as the "secure" pass, which I'd assume is not what should happen, because if that pass matches the secure passes, it never does a pass at a different speed, and would seem less likely to find a bad CD.

Is this an issue, or am I doing something wrong now?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: First Ultra Secure pass doesn't change speed

I'm doing a bunch of ripping over the next few weeks. I'll try to pay attention and see if I see the same thing.

Administrator

If the first pass is slower than x8 then it is the drive which has self set the maximum speed based on cd inserted.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I'm doing a bunch of ripping over the next few weeks. I'll try to pay attention and see if I see the same thing.

Ripping today with 17.1, first pass, second pass, ultra secure passes all seem to vary speed during the specific pass.