title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cd Ripping error

Cd Ripping error

Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of DBPoweramp, I get an error message when I try to rip CDs. I am attaching a screenshot of the message I receive.

I tried this a few different times with different CDs but get the same message.

Can you please advise?

Regards,
    Vivek
    Attached Images Attached Images

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Cd Ripping error

It isn't an error, it is a message, advising you that you are about to overwrite existing files and, is asking you to confirm the overwrite.

From the jpg (and the Destination File list), it looks like you haven't configured Naming for each encoder, correctly.

Administrator

Yes your naming string is not correct, it should have [title] in it.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I didnt change any settings after the software upgrade, so am not sure what went wrong with the naming. How do I set this up correctly?

Thanks again!

Administrator

For each encoder on the multi-encoder page, change the naming string to:

[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [artist] - [title][]

Thank you. I looked at my settings and the naming string appears to be as in your message. What else should I check

DBPoweramp_NamingSetting.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you set the naming string within the settings of each encoder or did you set the naming string in the main window?

Dat Ei

Administrator

If there are no ID Tags available this can happen, you have any DSP effects to remove the ID Tags? or have unchecked writing all the tags from the CD Ripper metadata page?

Thanks. The naming string is within the settings of each encoder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If there are no ID Tags available this can happen, you have any DSP effects to remove the ID Tags? or have unchecked writing all the tags from the CD Ripper metadata page?
    I do not have any DSP effects set. The Write ID tags are checked as well. A few are unchecked (such as the ones for ArtistSort etc.)

Administrator

We can test your exact configuration, if you press the window key and type:

regedit

run the program shown and browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate

right click on 'dbpoweramp' and choose export. Save the file and email it to us please here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Hi, I sent you the file by email as requested. Thank you for your assistance.

Administrator

Thank you for your email, it worked fine and ripped as should on my test.

Check in dBpoweramp Control Center it says R17.1 and Reference Registered.

Also try changing the base location (multi encoder >> mp3 settings) change it to:

C:\Test\Mp3

and for flac:

C:\Test\Flac

then try to rip, the files written should have track number and title in them.

I updated the file paths and it worked fine. I guess something changed after the update. Anyhow it seems to be working fine now. Thank you very much for your assistance.