title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Apply Album Gain during converion to mp3 an aac (qaac)

Apply Album Gain during converion to mp3 an aac (qaac)

I have around 20k FLAC files that were converted from DSF files. These files have widely varying loudness levels on top of the 6db attenuation that comes with DSF-PCM conversion (when compared to my other FLACs that have a PCM origin). I have written Volume Level (R128) tags to all the files using jRiver. The FLACs sit in separate directories per album and the album names are in the tags.
    I use these FLACs to generate mp3s for my car, m4a with medium bitrate for my iphone and m4a with high bitrate for my laptops. In order to compensate for the -6db level from the DSF-PCM conversion and the difference in album levels, I would like to permanently apply album (not track) gain during the lossy conversions. How would I go about this using dbpoweramp music converter?

Administrator

Re: Apply Album Gain during converion to mp3 an aac (qaac)

If the files have replaygain album tags then you can use 'Replaygain (apply)' dsp effect when converting.

Re: Apply Album Gain during converion to mp3 an aac (qaac)

Thanks, @Spoon
    I tested this with an album and it looks like it worked.
    - calculated album gain values using the replaygain utility converter
    - then converted to mp3 with the replaygain(apply) dsp engaged