title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper takes several eternities to find metadata (if at all)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BjTimmermann
    • Jul 2020

CD Ripper takes several eternities to find metadata (if at all)

I tried CD Ripper, liked the sound, ignored the meta data search speed - and bought it.
    Now I am having problems with exactly that: Meta data search blocks the app and keeps me waiting for minutes, and sometimes finds it, and sometimes it doesn't find anything (with the same cd).
    I tried activating and deactivating each combination of providers (OK - not each but some dozens). Nothing helped.
    What the hell is going on? Are the services not simple HTTP services, so that security might block it?
    My firewall complains about nothing.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: CD Ripper takes several eternities to find metadata (if at all)

I've been doing a of ripping the last few days (about 120 CDs). Yesterday everything was pretty fast. Today I noticed the same as you...very slow to find metadata and sometimes not finding. Disabling discogs seemed to help a bit, but was still sometimes seeing very slow metadata finding....

edit: Seems there was/is a problem on the dbpoweramp side:
    Here is a screenshot of the CD ripper at the point it gets stuck. If I cancel it, I can still rip but without metadata, title tracks, album art etc which renders the whole process pointless. Help.
    Last edited by garym; 07-07-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper takes several eternities to find metadata (if at all)

It should all be back to normal, even with discogs enabled if not post please.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>