title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD ripper not finding metadata and album art before rip

CD ripper not finding metadata and album art before rip

Here is a screenshot of the CD ripper at the point it gets stuck. If I cancel it, I can still rip but without metadata, title tracks, album art etc which renders the whole process pointless. Help.
    Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 15.49.00.jpg

Re: CD ripper not finding metadata and album art before rip

I am having this exact same problem. It worked fine yesterday, but today, it can't find the metadata on CDs it found yesterday. Plus, it goes into a "searching for metadata" mode and gets stuck there. I've searched the forum and found no responses. I've deleted and reinstalled dbPowerAmp twice. I've restarted my computer 3-4 times. Several weeks ago, I did a complete reset of Windows 10 Pro and have been slowly adding in other programs. After adding Malwarebytes yesterday, I started having problems, so I uninstalled it. I'm a paid user. My order number is <edit>. Please help, I am in the middle of a big ripping project, over 500 CDs, and have to finish by this weekend. Thank you for your help.
    Steve Larsen
    Last edited by Spoon; 07-07-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Administrator

We are experiencing issues with the PerfectTUNES server, whilst we investigate this service might not be 100% (discogs lookup relies on perfecttunes).

Administrator

Please do not post your order numbers to this forum, it allows others to take over your download.

OK, sorry to post order number. Thanks for taking the Order * off. I wish I understood what "issues with PerfectTunes server" and "not 100% discogs lookup relying on perfectunes" means. I'm not sure it helps me. Am I to just wait for it to work? Any idea how long that will take? (hours, days, weeks, months - any ballpark idea would help me to plan). Is there a work-around I can use, other than trying to find an alternative supplier for this product/service? I'm not trying to be a pain-in-the-butt, but am focused on getting my project completed. Thanks for your help.

Administrator

It is working now, but might lockup again in the next 1.5 hours. If it does you can uncheck 'Discogs' as one of the metadata providers and it should be fine.

This issue has our attention and we work to resolve what is causing it.

Spoon, Okay. I figured out how to go into the menu and uncheck Discogs. It appears to be working again now. Thank you!