title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset not collecting all music files properly populated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Asset not collecting all music files properly populated

Having moved Asset over to my new computer...windows 10 as the old one was... and having the music stored on my Synology Rackstation properly linked to Windows, I am finding a lot of recently moved or recently loaded folders show the folders as present, but they are not populated.
    Generally after restarting the Rackstation several times, the folders are eventually populated and can be played.
    How can I ensure immediate and certain population of all folders?

Administrator

Re: Asset not collecting all music files properly populated

Asset reads the folders as Windows would, when having issues try browsing with Windows File Explorer to that exact location and see what Windows shows as the contents of the folder.

I have done exactly that. The link is called Music (//RACKSTATION)(W
    Within that the folders in question appear and are fully populated and play. But using Asset upnp the contents of the folders remains missing.
    What now?

Administrator

Set asset to run in the 'Local Account' not as a service, as the service account has different credentials for when accessing network shares.

I have done that. No change. What now?

To be more exact, Asset was already set to Local Account....
    I tried it as a service and mapped the route and nothing showed. So I reset it to Local Account. I also rechecked the search with Windows File Explorer and again found the folders containing their fully populated contents.
    In despair....