title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asset not collecting all music files properly populated

Asset not collecting all music files properly populated

Having moved Asset over to my new computer...windows 10 as the old one was... and having the music stored on my Synology Rackstation properly linked to Windows, I am finding a lot of recently moved or recently loaded folders show the folders as present, but they are not populated.
    Generally after restarting the Rackstation several times, the folders are eventually populated and can be played.
    How can I ensure immediate and certain population of all folders?

Administrator

Re: Asset not collecting all music files properly populated

Asset reads the folders as Windows would, when having issues try browsing with Windows File Explorer to that exact location and see what Windows shows as the contents of the folder.

I have done exactly that. The link is called Music (//RACKSTATION)(W
    Within that the folders in question appear and are fully populated and play. But using Asset upnp the contents of the folders remains missing.
    What now?

Administrator

Set asset to run in the 'Local Account' not as a service, as the service account has different credentials for when accessing network shares.

I have done that. No change. What now?

To be more exact, Asset was already set to Local Account....
    I tried it as a service and mapped the route and nothing showed. So I reset it to Local Account. I also rechecked the search with Windows File Explorer and again found the folders containing their fully populated contents.
    In despair....

Administrator

Why not run Asset native on the Synology nas?

How do I do that? I would be happy if Asset were on the Synology instead of being on Windows but it asks for a repeat of the lifetime premium that I have already paid.

Administrator

You purchased a lifetime Windows license, if you switch over to Synology there is a 50% discount.

If you look me up under <edited> you will see that I have already paid twice, in 2014 and in 2020
    That is because the man who put my new computer in for me and swapped everything over to the new one thought he was getting Asset for the Synology but somehow just duplicated what I already had... or perhaps he didn&*8217;t realise that what he had done was only to sign me up for the free trial in Rackstation...anyway it worked fine for the trial period and we seem to have proved that it doesn&*8217;t work properly through Windows
    In the circumstances I should be grateful for your now issuing me a licence gratis for the Rackstation.
    I will pay the discounted amount if you think it fair that I should. Given that you&*8217;ve had a full duplication of the lifetime Windows licence it would be nice to have that duplication refunded and then I buy with the discount for the Rackstation.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Spoon; 07-07-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Administrator

Duplicate order refunded, you are now free to purchase the Synology version.

Many thanks
    Where do I find the 50% discount? It&*8217;s not in the regular purchase options....

Administrator

There is an offer link on your registered download page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

I have now purchased the Synology version via your link and was hoping my troubles were over. Not so, sadly. These folders are still not populating in the Naim app despite being populated in the Synology Rackstation (and on Windows via the link). Synology support say they cannot help and do not recognise you. I now have the Asset premium version loaded twice once for Synology the other for Windows. Both are clearly visible inthe Naim App and the folders that are not populated are the same on each. In case it is relevant, they are 20 odd folders each taken from 1 of 4 prior locations and now stored together in a new folder. All except one that was a recent download were fully populated in their previous locations. Help.....

Administrator

Bring those 20 folder to your local PC, check that all the files play on the PC, delete them from the NAS, then recopy them back.