title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Upstream Art how too?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiokaas
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2010

Upstream Art how too?

I run a windows version and a linux version of Asset, have been for years, the only thing that escapes me is how to get upstream art to work.

I would like my own version of upstream art for albumartist and composer. I get that it uses the first image found but I do not get how I can change that. There seems to be no folder upstreamartimages
    the folderstrucure is
    \Music\
    \Music\Bob Dylan\
    \Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan - 1962 - Live at the Gaslight 1962
    \Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan - 1963 - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
    etc..
    where do I place the Bob Dylan.png (as the artist image, not album art) file in this example?
  • vilsen
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2018

Re: Upstream Art how too?

It's in the dBpoweramp settings (windows at least), in my case:

C:\Documents and Settings\vilsen\Application Data\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\AssetUserUpstreamIma ges

Comment

• audiokaas
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2010

There is 2 instances of asset one in a ubuntu vm and one on Windows server 2012R2
      The ubuntu one does not work.
      On both I've edited UpStreamArtFor.txt to make sure the upstream art is used for the tags I want:
      artist
      genre
      style
      composer
      conductor
      chorus
      soloists
      instrument
      period
      Album Artist
      album artist
      albumartist

On both I've located the directory AssetUserUpstreamImages and but the "Bob Dylan.png" in that directory
      Both use the same all Flac well tagged library
      restarted and rebuild

but asset presents upstream art on windows (Asset 6.2) but not on linux (Asset 6.6) so i think I know were to put them they seem to behave differently

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Linux is case sensitive, it could be you have to set:

bob dylan.png

or

bobdylan.png
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiokaas
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2010

OK I assumed you flattened the filenames because of that.
          The tag is ALBUM ARTIST all capitals stored in the face file is this assumption correct that I should thus use the ALBUM ARTIST tag in the UpStreamArtFor.txt the flac file says ALBUM ARTIST=Bob Dylan so if I use Bob Dylan It should be ok but no joy as far as upstream art goes. Should I use Bob Dylan.PNG, Bob Dylan.Png, Bob Dylan.png but none of these work. Is there a way to look at the actual data streams between asset, control point and the renderer?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try upper and lower case, also without the space.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiokaas
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2010

No joy,
              I've tried all the permutaions I could think of, switched to artist and artist with short names like adele. Alas no joy on the linux system. Works like a charm on windows! Go figure...

Anybody got upstream art working on Linux and care to share their magic?

Comment

• PeterP
                Super Moderator
                • Jul 2011

Works for me.

Case sensitivity is a non issue, Asset's own lookup is case-insensitive. However you must strip all the spaces and other non alphanumeric characters, same as on Windows. For Bob Dylan, you want a "bobdylan.png", or "BobDylan.png", either works.

Please make sure that you have the right folder - path must end in uMediaLibrary-v4/AssetUserUpstreamImages

Please restart Asset ("Restart Asset" command) after any changes in AssetUserUpstreamImages or else they will not be noticed.

Comment

• audiokaas
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jan 2010

I have tried the the following images in ~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4/AssetUserUpstreamImages

lex@assetservervm:~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4/AssetUserUpstreamImages$ ls
                  Adele.png
                  BobDylan.png
                  DavidBowie.png
                  TomWaits.png

and UpStreamArtFor.txt
                  lex@assetservervm:~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4$ nano UpStreamArtFor.txt

artist
                  genre
                  style
                  composer
                  conductor
                  chorus
                  soloists
                  instrument
                  period
                  albumartist
                  album artist

Restarted using the web interface, rebuild all, clear the cache on the control point, using a retired version of Asset on linux and windows
                  Alas no joy on Ubuntu server 20.04 LTS

Help...

Comment

• audiokaas
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jan 2010

hmm, I see when I download the configuration files from the web interface that i get for UpStreamArtFor.txt
                    rtist
                    genre
                    style
                    composer
                    conductor
                    chorus
                    soloists
                    instrument
                    period

however when I go into the dir and open the file I get
                    lex@assetservervm:~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4$ nano UpStreamArtFor.txt

artist
                    genre
                    style
                    composer
                    conductor
                    chorus
                    soloists
                    instrument
                    period
                    albumartist
                    album artist

How can that be?

When i change the media exclusion list in the web page the change is NOT reflected in .dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4/MediaExcludeExts.txt but IS in the downloaded config files???

Could it be that I'm editing the wrong file, is the registered version somewhere else than ~/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4
                    Last edited by audiokaas; 07-07-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• vilsen
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by PeterP
                      However you must strip all the spaces and other non alphanumeric characters, same as on Windows.
                      That is not correct, in Windows it's case-insensitive, with or without spaces. All of these works:

"Bob Dylan.png", "bob dylan.png", "BobDylan.png" and "bobdylan.png".

Comment

• PeterP
                        Super Moderator
                        • Jul 2011

You are correct and I was wrong. Indeed the spaces and alphanumeric characters are stripped before matching, so it doesn't matter if you exclude them from your filenames or not. The behavior is exactly the same as on Windows.

If the files grabbed with a configuration snapshot don't contain your changes, it seems like you have been editing the wrong location; perhaps Asset is running as a different user / with a different home directory than the user you're logging in as to edit the content?

You can figure out what path Asset is storing its data at by enabling logging and examining the first lines of the either log - look for "Asset data location: ..."

Comment

• vilsen
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jul 2018

Indeed the spaces and alphanumeric characters are stripped before matching
                          So Asset prefers to strip the filenames. That leads me to ask:

In a big library, would Asset load/scan faster if the artist art files were prepared with stripped filenames to begin with?

Comment

• audiokaas
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jan 2010

You are correct and I was wrong. Indeed the spaces and alphanumeric characters are stripped before matching, so it doesn't matter if you exclude them from your filenames or not. The behavior is exactly the same as on Windows.

You can figure out what path Asset is storing its data at by enabling logging and examining the first lines of the either log - look for "Asset data location: ..."
                            OK that was/is the problem Asset reports
                            15:11:07] Date: 2020-07-09
                            [15:11:07] R6.6 [Linux-x64]
                            [15:11:07] Asset install location: /usr/bin/asset/Asset-R6.6-Linux-x64-registered/bin/
                            [15:11:07] Home folder: /root
                            [15:11:07] Asset data location: /root/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4
                            [15:11:07] PID: 1302
                            [15:11:07] Linux assetservervm 5.4.0-40-generic *44-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 23 00:01:04 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                            [15:11:07] No media folders specified
                            [15:11:07] No playlist folders specified
                            [15:11:07] ContainerAddToCache: added :: 0\ [Seg: 0x7AF0F86341859D3D

How do I get rid of it and make sure it installs in the user directory?

Comment

• PeterP
                              Super Moderator
                              • Jul 2011

You have Asset running as root user.

Location of Asset's data depends on the Linux user that launches the Asset process (more specifically on the $HOME variable).

I assume that you have installed Asset using instructions from the sticky topics in this forum (crontab). Unregister Asset from crontab and re-install using provided INSTALL.sh script. This should result in Asset running from the user account that installed it.

We'll update the instructions in sticky threads shortly, with updated info how to install and how to migrate from Asset installed via crontab.

Comment

Working...

]]>