title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper not retaining track years

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Unhappy CD Ripper not retaining track years

I just upgraded to the newest version 2022-09-28. When I rip compilations, I always add the correct year to each track individually. Subsequent retrieval of the metadata in previous versions retained the correct year for each track. However, in the newest version, inserting a cd after it has been ripped changes the year on all tracks to the year of the first track.

For example, I change as follows:

Track 1 1979
    Track 2 1975
    Track 3 1980
    Track 4 1972
    Track 5 1977

When I rip, the correct years are tagged for each track, but if I remove and reinsert the CD, all tracks show year as 1979. Other data I change on a particular track seems to stick, just not the year.

Can you please fix this?

My reasoning? I have a BDR optical drive in my PC, I also have a USB CD burner, USB DVD burner, and USB BDR burner. Certain tracks on certain CD's will rip accurately on different drives, so when I come across problem tracks, I re-rip them in each of the USB drives. usually, one of the 3 will give me an accurate rip.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: CD Ripper not retaining track years

Nothing?

I also tag compilation tracks with each tracks exact year. I found this exact issue in a previous version of dBpoweramp. I questioned the group to see if it was a bug.

Eventually I was told to rip the CD with all tracks tagged with the same year. Then use another program to edit the years on each track individually. I use Apple Music. Slightly annoying, but works well.

Have done it this way ever since.

Administrator

We shall look into this before the next update

Administrator

Fixed in next update